4.8K views

I went to JC Penney today to purchase my favorite St Johns Bay jean and much to my surprise they discontinued them..so I came home and went online to check and the ONLY ones featured were "out of stock"..The only thing that ever brought me into that store was those jeans and I'd shop along the way...not anymore.

I am so angry because it took me years to find jeans that fit me like that and now they're gone. It's not just me..there are several friends that I turned on to them that LOVE them.

Had I known I would have stocked up..What were they thinking?? Guess they weren't..Thanks Penneys'!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

It seems JCP is doing a lot of this lately. I cannot find ST.

Johns Bay casual pants either. The same with the Stafford Super Shirt they used to carry. I would have done the same thing, purchase a bunch of shirts if I knew they were going to stop carrying them.

I thought they might get better when they got rid of the CEO and brought back the past CEO, but no such luck. I have heard lots of complaints from people local to me about the same thing.

to Anonymous #769200

I could not agree more! I have relied on J.C.

Penny catalog for years for their selection of tall clothing. It was my "go to" place for pants an end long sleeve shirts that fit well ( I am 6'). No more. Now limited selection and all my favorites are gone.

What they do have is often out of stock or only available in limited sizes and colors. What a disappointment!

I've been looking for st Johns Loose Straight Jeans For Over 6 months. No pennys Not Much Of A Selection Online.

Best jeans I've ever had. I want to thank you also pennys

My husband has been wearing the St. John's Bay easy fit jeans for years - he's a welder and his job keeps him moving throughout the day.

I went to our local J.C.

Penney's store recently to buy him jeans for Christmas - he is in desperate need of some new ones and was told that the store doesn't carry that jean anymore. Well, then, where can I find those jeans - cause that's the only jeans worth the price and comfortable enough for my husband to wear!?!?!

to Anonymous #784941

I have the same situation with my husband. They were great jeans!!

to Anonymous #860867

went to Penney's to buy my husband a couple pair of his favorite "jeans" to learn they no longer sell them. They are the light blue stretch jeans that he has worn for over 30 yrs. Thanks Penney's - you just lost another customer !!!!

to Anonymous Lexington, Kentucky, United States #940354

Nordstroms is the only place unless you can find them online- good luck.

I totally agree. Bring them back, in tall sizes

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!

Torrington, Connecticut, United States #751873

Yes I agree with all of the above. Found what I liked and they made me feel real good.

Now what. See them on line but do not know if they are the right ones. So why order and be disappointed.

Bring them back. I don't stop there very much except to keep checking to see if they are back.

Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States #750429

I love the easy fit st johns jeans now that they are gone I am as a customer..I will only return shopping a jc pennys if the jeans come back..

Thanks pissed off customer

Couldn't agree more. I also have worn those jeans for about 25 years now.

The main reason I shopped at JC Penny. Now I don't purchase a thing from them.

That new CEO from Apple ruined the store.

Galena, Illinois, United States #738747

Does anyone know where St. Johns Bay brand can be found????

Only jeans my husband wears......no reason to go to Penney's anymore! :(

I agree....sjb jeans were the only ones that fit me also. If I would have known they were going to discontinue, I would have stocked up....bad move jcp!!!! :upset

Hayden, Alabama, United States #730747

I feel exactly the same jc pennys has changed, and discontinued everything I went there for. Bring them back.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #723628

Please bring back the bootcut womens jeans in tall.. the only ones that fit..

so wrong and *** :? Yes..

I know you brought back the boot cut in regular length.. but that doesn't help me.

#720281

Penny's lost our business also. Loved the St John's Bay brand of clothes. Hope they wise up and bring the line back!!

Lorton, Virginia, United States #704924

Agreed! not only did they stop carrying the jeans they don't carry the polo shirts my husband loved and so did I as they wore like iron.

The new brands they carry are shoddy compared to SJB.

Basically the entire store and everything they carry is lesser quality and I love they way they mark up the prices and then put them on 'sale' for what they were selling for prior. No more JCP for me!

Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada #704304

SO AGREE WITH ABOVE!! What are JCP thinking??

I loved those jeans - had bought possibly 15 pairs or more over the years.

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK especially the narrow leg small bootcut kind. They are perfect!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #703665

Same thing her e- SJB were the ONLY jeans my husband would wear, and my FIL would wear their shorts only....and now they have to move on to something else?? It's going to take a while to find them but you can GUARANTEE I will not be back in a JCP again.

They really screwed up and I hope they shut down. :( :( :( :(