Macomb, Michigan
5.5K views

I went to JC Penney today to purchase my favorite St Johns Bay jean and much to my surprise they discontinued them..so I came home and went online to check and the ONLY ones featured were "out of stock"..The only thing that ever brought me into that store was those jeans and I'd shop along the way...not anymore.

I am so angry because it took me years to find jeans that fit me like that and now they're gone. It's not just me..there are several friends that I turned on to them that LOVE them.

Had I known I would have stocked up..What were they thinking?? Guess they weren't..Thanks Penneys'!

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

That are selling St Johns Bay jeans again but they are a cheap imitation of the ones they sold several years ago. They are no longer the thick soft denim but are now made with a cheap thin scratching junk denim. JC Penny's has ruined the once incredible St Johns Bay brand.

YES! I no longer have a reason to shop there. :(

#1205162

I completely agree with the coment above. These are the only jeans that fit me like a glove and they are now discontinued. Is there a place I can look that sells out of stock items from other stores?

I totally agree with the last comment, the only thing that took me to JC Penny used to be the St. John's Bay jeans.

My sister who was visiting from England discovered this comfortable fitting jeans and introduced me to them.

Since then, I have bought and mailed them to her in England and I have gotten some friends who wouldn't shop at Penny's to buy the jeans as well. When I found out that JC Penny stopped carrying them, I had no other reason to shop at JCP anymore.

I couldn't agree with you more! JCPenny drops a quality product like St.

John's Bay jeans and stocks up on Lee.

That should tell everyone something about their "committment to excellence". Location is no longer a concern, JCPenny is off my radar!

Same here!! I am disappointed that I cant find the St Johns Bay jeans at Pennys anymore. It was the only brand that fit me right.

Same here! I finally find jeans I love and they discontinue them.

I guess I won't be shopping at JCP anymore. The replacement St. John's bay jeans are horrible !! They don't feel or look like jeans.

Who wants the stitching showing? Not me. It's like when they changed they tank tops. The new ones are horrible.

Guess they are looking to lose customers. They have lost me!!

I have had the same problem. These are the only jeans that fit me correctly & now you can't find them anywhere.

Why can't they bring them back into their line of clothing ? It would improve their sales for sure.

I bought some St. John's bay jeans last night, but so disappointed.They are not like the ones I bought last year.They don't hug my figure.They don't feel as thick.They are too stretchy.Have had them on a couple of hours & they are already stretched out of shape.Need my favorite jeans back.

I feel the same JCP has gone down hill I always bought the St. John's Bay relaxed fit jeans and they were a heavy material and I loved the way the fit.

And the also had Black stonewashed as well now they don't have anything that even compares to the ones they used to sell.

I did alot of business with JCP but lately they do not have anything that has quality anymore. I am so upset that I can't get the jeans that I love anymore.

I agree with you! I have been pissed with JCPenney also, because they discontinued St.John's Bay jeans and shorts. It was when they went through their changing.

Sadly like other comments I've read, my husband and I went to Penney's because he likes their underwear. Thought I'd pick up a couple more pairs of my favorite St.

John's bay jeans. To my horror, they don't have them anymore. I've been wasting money for years on jeans that didnt fit that well.

I loved these jeans! Won't be back to Penney's!

St. John's Bay.

Although my issue is not with jeans but t-shirts, I mentioned this to a person in San Diego. The quality of the St. John's Bay Performance t-shirt was unbelievable and kept its color, shape, and stitching for a very long time. And for its price point was very surprising - unmatched actually.

I think JCP figured out that it was too good and was losing money due to it lasting too long and decided to not sell that particular type of SJB t-shirt but a lesser, more easily destructible kind. Sad. I'm guessing that is what happened with the JEANS as well. They were too good.

Can't have that. Hewlett Packard did that with their printers - made them more easily breakable.

It's the world we live in. Sigh.

I have to wear Khaki pants to work. I purchased the jeans which hold up great and I need to purchase more but they are no longer offered. Please bring them back!!!

I had the same problem although I just now discovered they were totally discontinued. First, about 10 years ago they were discontinued in Lewiston, ID store but I could still get in Spokane.

A few months ago I was only able to get some S.J.B. fakaroos in Spokane.

Guess I'm not surprised--but still disappointed--my favorite jeans are no longer available. Best fitting and best wearing jeans I had found in many years

So annoying! I LOVE those jeans too and now I can't get them anymore.

I have started trying CJBanks or Christopher and Banks Heritage style jeans and they're about the same, so try those. They fit me well and I appreciate that. St. John's Bay jeans were my absolute favorite though.

Nordstroms still has St.

John's Bay clothing lines though so I plan to try shopping there but their prices are terrible. It's just too expensive to shop there.

St. John's Bay jeans were my mainstay for years.

I spent on average an extra $30 to $50 on other items when I went to get jeans. I no longer shop at JC Penney. I will not shop in JCP ever again. It does not matter as I only spent about $600.00 a year there.

I have found other jeans to wear and other stores to shop in.

Omg.... I was just off to buy some today because I got hair dye on mine.

NOOOOOOOOO! Worst news of the day.

I soooo agree with th statement above....

Please bring back St Johns Bay jeans with the higher waistline! Best jeans I ever had!

I can't find anything like them anywhere! I love these jeans! Please!

Please! Please bring them back!