Lima, New York
26.8K views

I am beyond devastated that JCPenney has discontinued their line of Cabin Creek pants! I have been wearing their twill and corduroy pants for 25-30 years, and am absolutely beside myself wondering what I will do now for pants.

They fit well, are extremely comfortable, and looked professional at work (teaching) and casual enough for weekends and around the house. I seriously have no idea what I will order now, and am angry enough to cancel my Penney's charge account. I cannot be the only woman who feels this way, since I believe they were a popular item. I realize that most companies are trying to appeal to younger shoppers, but you are making a BIG MISTAKE ...

there are a lot of us baby boomers around with money to spend on products we like!! In case you have been living under a rock, by the way, there are more of us boomers than any younger mini generation, so why would you want to lose all of us as customers? I have been a loyal Penney's shopper since I was a teen myself, but I am extremely disappointed that my absolute favorite product has been discontinued.

I have already spent hours online trying desperately to find corduroy pants that are similar to Cabin Creek, and have had no luck yet. I would gladly do a free commercial for JCPenney, jumping for joy at the return of Cabin Creek pants!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Account.

Comments

I agree with everyone. My Cabin Creek cords are irreplaceable.

I've looked everywhere as well with no luck. Very upset....This truly is a big mistake

I too have been a loyal J C Penney customer for many, many years. I buy most of my clothes there.

I have several pair of Cabin Creek pants that I have purchased over the years at J C Penney. I am really upset that I will have to move on to something else now. What is wrong with J C Penney that they are so stupid to not see what a loss this is to us loyal customers.

Maybe they don't want us older customers who have been loyal to them for many, many years and only want to cater to the "younger" clients. It will be their loss and they will end up the biggest loser of all.

Also loved Cabin Creek pants. Comfortable, affordable and good quality! So mad they are no longer available!

you also stopped carrying 3/4 length blouses . shame on you .

Get something someone likes and you get rid of it. yo have to remember we are all not teenagers

I have been buying Cabin Creek for someone that is in a nursing home. Does anybody know who sells this brand cause that is where I now will be going.

I too want Cabin Creek Jeans in + size. I've tried other brands including Dunner they are just NOT the same.

@Bea

I loved their blouses, camp shirts, and blue and white pants. They don't wear out.

I am so sorry Pennys doesn't carry them anymore. I will try Alfred Donner and hope they are as good.

So mad that you discounted the cabin creek pants.

I totally agree. My Mom loves these pants

I, too, miss Cabin Creek pants

I totally agree.... I, too, have bought these pants for the past 25 years and wore them to work every single day......

NOW, I can't even find them anywhere..... You have GOT TO BE kidding me!!! I got ride of my JCPenny's card years ago because of all the changes.... I, too, am a baby boomer and proud of it...

Our generation, in case you haven't noticed, are the ones spending now..... Shame on you all!

I have looked and looked for these pants with no luck anywhere... What in the world!

I totally agree. I have purchased cabin Creek pants for at least 25 years.

Very upset with Penney's for discontinue the brand. They were quality made pants.

Not like anything being sold now. Really really disappointed.....

I too am upset by the loss of Cabin Creek elastic waist jeans in the plus sizes. I lost all of my clothes in a flood caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Many of them sere Cabin Creek jeans Corduroys. I have tried so many different brands that I am now discouraged & don't think I will ever find anything that fits right.

I am tired of ordering & returning & also of trying on in the stores. Any suggestions?

Ditto to everything she said!!

I am also sorry that they discontinued carrying these pants. I am a card holder from way back. Why they did this I would like to know.

I to am a loyal cabin creek wearer and cant believe they just stopped selling them I have not been able to find any thing to compare to there comfort and great looks, from cords to jeans. I bet your sales would skyrocket if you would only bring the whole line of cabin creek back I even did the shorts. please reconsider this and bring them back Thank you so much Patricia Goehle

I am 6' tall & have been wearing Cabin Creek Ultra Talls for 20 - 25 years also. I too am a Baby Boomer.

My JC Penney charge card is history. If you won't cater to your customer base, you don't need my business!!

I miss Cabin Creek pants I bought from Penneys in the past. I'm short and chunky and old. Penny's slim skinny pants are only for the young.

I will not shop and have cancelled my charge account with them. How does a store validate not carrying a dependable brand and leave us hanging?

I agree. Penny's is forgetting about us boomers that have money and different tastes than the milleniums.

I am sure they were best sellers. I know I bought 10 - 12 pair a year.