Lima, New York
26.8K views

I am beyond devastated that JCPenney has discontinued their line of Cabin Creek pants! I have been wearing their twill and corduroy pants for 25-30 years, and am absolutely beside myself wondering what I will do now for pants.

They fit well, are extremely comfortable, and looked professional at work (teaching) and casual enough for weekends and around the house. I seriously have no idea what I will order now, and am angry enough to cancel my Penney's charge account. I cannot be the only woman who feels this way, since I believe they were a popular item. I realize that most companies are trying to appeal to younger shoppers, but you are making a BIG MISTAKE ...

there are a lot of us baby boomers around with money to spend on products we like!! In case you have been living under a rock, by the way, there are more of us boomers than any younger mini generation, so why would you want to lose all of us as customers? I have been a loyal Penney's shopper since I was a teen myself, but I am extremely disappointed that my absolute favorite product has been discontinued.

I have already spent hours online trying desperately to find corduroy pants that are similar to Cabin Creek, and have had no luck yet. I would gladly do a free commercial for JCPenney, jumping for joy at the return of Cabin Creek pants!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Account.

Comments

As far as Cabin Creek this wasn't in JCP's control Cabin Creek quit making the clothes. Yes St.

Johns Bay is gone but has been replaced with some of the JCP Brand and also Made for life.

Worthington is still a major brand and not going away. Please don't hate us for the things not in our control.

@Sally

did you or do you still work at JCP? If so, can you kindly enlighten us as to how we can contact the Cabin Creek company directly and just bypass JCP? I am really getting desperate now to replace old pants.

Worthington nor St johns bay is gone....if you don't know what you're talking about don't say anything....thank you a current employee of jcpenneys for 5 years

@A current ***ociate

I just bought some Worthington pants online, and received them this month. When did they go away, if they're still available?

J.C. Penny is No Longer for Old Ladies Says CEO Ron Johnson - Real Headline

worthington and St John's Bay are gone too. All the basic dependable clothes are gone.

Just shiney fancy club wear for teens. :cry

I went to buy fall and winter clothes. they lost my money.

I think this is the end of JCPenney. I gave my money to Landsend.

I agree and miss the Cabin Creek brand, too! I could always count on JCP to have decent quality, affordable clothing that was cute and comfortable.

I have quit shopping there since their big transformation because I cannot find a thing I like anymore.

They are now just like any other department store at the mall. Sad day.

@Thirdpewback

I am also disappointed with JC Penney's.

The Cabin Creek capri pants (size 14short) was absolutely perfect for me.

Don't know what Penney's is trying to do but whatever it is it's not working. I haven't shopped there since they started their no-coupon sales strategy.

I was going to breakdown to get my capris but they stopped selling them. Penney's is going down and its their own fault!!!!!

@Anonymous

We have started back coupons as of a month ago. Most of them you will get by email, in the mail, or online.

We will not be having them inside of the store. If you're not signed up to receive the emails or if you're not a reward member, then of course you're not going to receive coupons.