29.6K views

I am beyond devastated that JCPenney has discontinued their line of Cabin Creek pants! I have been wearing their twill and corduroy pants for 25-30 years, and am absolutely beside myself wondering what I will do now for pants.

They fit well, are extremely comfortable, and looked professional at work (teaching) and casual enough for weekends and around the house. I seriously have no idea what I will order now, and am angry enough to cancel my Penney's charge account. I cannot be the only woman who feels this way, since I believe they were a popular item. I realize that most companies are trying to appeal to younger shoppers, but you are making a BIG MISTAKE ...

there are a lot of us baby boomers around with money to spend on products we like!! In case you have been living under a rock, by the way, there are more of us boomers than any younger mini generation, so why would you want to lose all of us as customers? I have been a loyal Penney's shopper since I was a teen myself, but I am extremely disappointed that my absolute favorite product has been discontinued.

I have already spent hours online trying desperately to find corduroy pants that are similar to Cabin Creek, and have had no luck yet. I would gladly do a free commercial for JCPenney, jumping for joy at the return of Cabin Creek pants!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Account.

Location: Lima, New York

Comments

#1951010

Yes I agree I have been looking also . Have wore them for years. Love the corduroys wish they would sell them again.

#1940471

Absolutely agree! If JC Penney would have kept some things like this instead of trying to be so hip maybe they wouldn't be in bankruptcy.

I used to buy all my clothes at JC Penney and now I never shop there any more. I can't be the only one.

#1940585
@PissedConsumer1940471

Same here. I haven't been in JCPenney in well over a year. There is just nothing there for me either any more.

#2009162
@PissedConsumer1940471

wtf

#1938673

I have been wearing Cabin Creek corduroy pants for years and they are worn out. Where can I find them?

#1926426

Really miss Cabin Creek brand. Can’t find anything else at Penney’s.

Although I am not a baby boomer (a gen-Xer), I too have been wearing the Cabin Creek twill pants for years. I need casual dress pants for work and these fit the bill. Now, I cannot find any that I like.

I found something very close from Woman Within. I purchased on Amazon. I take plus size, so they many not be for you, but if that is what you need, check out "Woman Within Women's Plus Size Elastic-Waist Cotton Straight Leg Pant".

I miss CABIN CREEK JEANS, too. Looking all over for them.

My olds ones are about worn out and these were my favorite. Get them back on the market PLEASE!

I agree that that would be horribly disappointing, in fact I've had similar experiences with other brands. However, it may not be JCPenneys fault.

Possibly the manufacturer went out of business or just decided not to make them or that the fabric became too expensive, etc. There could be many other reasons.

#1819238

I agree with this poster. I have been wearing these pants for ages, and I have at least a decade of buying ahead of me.

There are a lot of us out here. It does not seem wise to throw us away.

Miss this brand

you are the only one I am looking also same size.

I miss cabin creek they where my staple and now I need new and can't find them . If anyone out there knows a store that carries them please post it Thank you Julie

I spent yesterday at two different JCPenney hoping to find Cabin Creek pants, with no luck. Then, today Inread the comments from another upset customer. If anyone knows where we can buy these pants, I wish they would lat us know.

Please bring back your Cabin Creek Jeans in petite and regular. I have worn them for years and need new ones, and I am lost without them. Janet

I could not have said it better. Why are they not carrying Cabin Creek?

Because they hire "young" people who do not have the experience and knowledge that they claim to have. When will retailers realize that the Boomers have more discretionary income than the young people have and we can vote with our feet!

Why in the world would JCPenny stop making pants that it's customers love so much?????? They act like they don't have any Connor sense!

I agree 100% I loved them and JC Penney was the only one who carried the ULTRA Talls Sad now.

#1719263

I agree completely!! I’m in need of new plus size, tall cabin creek twill pants.

I’ve relied on JCP all these years and now I’m lost.

I can’t find anything on the internet or in stores that replaces them. Very disappointed...

JCPenney Reviews