Lima, New York
23.5K views

I am beyond devastated that JCPenney has discontinued their line of Cabin Creek pants! I have been wearing their twill and corduroy pants for 25-30 years, and am absolutely beside myself wondering what I will do now for pants.

They fit well, are extremely comfortable, and looked professional at work (teaching) and casual enough for weekends and around the house. I seriously have no idea what I will order now, and am angry enough to cancel my Penney's charge account. I cannot be the only woman who feels this way, since I believe they were a popular item. I realize that most companies are trying to appeal to younger shoppers, but you are making a BIG MISTAKE ...

there are a lot of us baby boomers around with money to spend on products we like!! In case you have been living under a rock, by the way, there are more of us boomers than any younger mini generation, so why would you want to lose all of us as customers? I have been a loyal Penney's shopper since I was a teen myself, but I am extremely disappointed that my absolute favorite product has been discontinued.

I have already spent hours online trying desperately to find corduroy pants that are similar to Cabin Creek, and have had no luck yet. I would gladly do a free commercial for JCPenney, jumping for joy at the return of Cabin Creek pants!!

Review about: Jcpenney Account.

Comments

I too want Cabin Creek Jeans in + size. I've tried other brands including Dunner they are just NOT the same.

So mad that you discounted the cabin creek pants.

I totally agree. My Mom loves these pants

I, too, miss Cabin Creek pants

I totally agree.... I, too, have bought these pants for the past 25 years and wore them to work every single day......

NOW, I can't even find them anywhere..... You have GOT TO BE kidding me!!! I got ride of my JCPenny's card years ago because of all the changes.... I, too, am a baby boomer and proud of it...

Our generation, in case you haven't noticed, are the ones spending now..... Shame on you all!

I have looked and looked for these pants with no luck anywhere... What in the world!

I totally agree. I have purchased cabin Creek pants for at least 25 years.

Very upset with Penney's for discontinue the brand. They were quality made pants.

Not like anything being sold now. Really really disappointed.....

I too am upset by the loss of Cabin Creek elastic waist jeans in the plus sizes. I lost all of my clothes in a flood caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Many of them sere Cabin Creek jeans Corduroys. I have tried so many different brands that I am now discouraged & don't think I will ever find anything that fits right.

I am tired of ordering & returning & also of trying on in the stores. Any suggestions?

Ditto to everything she said!!

I am also sorry that they discontinued carrying these pants. I am a card holder from way back. Why they did this I would like to know.

I to am a loyal cabin creek wearer and cant believe they just stopped selling them I have not been able to find any thing to compare to there comfort and great looks, from cords to jeans. I bet your sales would skyrocket if you would only bring the whole line of cabin creek back I even did the shorts. please reconsider this and bring them back Thank you so much Patricia Goehle

I am 6' tall & have been wearing Cabin Creek Ultra Talls for 20 - 25 years also. I too am a Baby Boomer.

My JC Penney charge card is history. If you won't cater to your customer base, you don't need my business!!

I miss Cabin Creek pants I bought from Penneys in the past. I'm short and chunky and old. Penny's slim skinny pants are only for the young.

I will not shop and have cancelled my charge account with them. How does a store validate not carrying a dependable brand and leave us hanging?

I agree. Penny's is forgetting about us boomers that have money and different tastes than the milleniums.

I am sure they were best sellers. I know I bought 10 - 12 pair a year.

I agree. I like the pants for myself because they are so comfortable but they are perfect for my mother who is 92 and of course she needs some new pants and I can find nothing.

JC Pennys needs to figure out that those of us who are no longer interested in skinny jeans etc have more disposable income than the teeny boppers.

No wonder stores are closing. Only place to find clothes if you are over 45 is online.

I miss Cabin Creek pants for ladies. I have 5 pair of the white, 5 of the navy and 2 pair of the light brown and they never wear.I was so sorry when Pennys decided not to sell these and I have been looking high and low for some.Please let me know if you find anything close to the material they made them of.

I totally agree with these comments. Cabin Creek pants were a good seller - they were always out of my size.

They were great for work and I loved the jeans. I can not find another brand of khaki pants that fit like the Cabin Creek and that are as comfortable. JC Penny had a good thing going but someone made a very bad decision to discontinue this brand!!!!! Wonder why I don't shop at JC Penny now??

With all of the requests for them to carry this brand, one would think they would get smart and bring back this line.

Look at all of the comments and multiply that by an average of at least 5 pairs of pants. Look how many sales they are missing!!!

to Elaine #1489024

I totally agree with all these ladies about Cabin Creek jeans, why would J C Penney stop carrying something so popular, I can't find them anywhere and I can't find jeans that fit like they did, if they bring them back maybe they won't have to close so many stores..

I also have been very disappointed that JCP discontinued this brand. The cotton twill pants, shorts & capris were the best.

You could wash and wear them immediately and they were extremely comfortable. I loved them for all occasions and especially for travel.

I have spoken to several representatives at Penneys in person but they are all playing dumb about why they were discontinued. For goodness sake will someone listen to the public’s cry’s!!!!!

Try Lands' End