1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have been a customer of JC Penny’s since my college years in 1985.On October 1, 2017, I experienced unprofessional possible racism service from one of your employees as I requested service advice for French door curtains.

I was in line waiting patiently as the employee took a personal call. She loudly announced she would handle everyone in order. She provided service to the customers in front of me. I was looking forward to great service as I have always received at JC Penny’s.

She began to converse me until she said, “You will have to search on your phone for the curtains. I was shocked of the unethical statement because I needed advice on measuring and fabric. I was confused for a moment. I heard the employee say, I need you to step to the side while I take the next customer.

I walked away in sadness of how I was treated with some form of prejudice and discrimination. I returned to look at the spelling of her name, Pamela. I went to seek a manager in charge to report the terrible service. Another employee was helpful in contacting Virginia, the Supervisor on duty at the time of the incident in the design area.

I informed Virginia of the facts of what poor service rendered to me. I could hear Pamela telling others customers I just walked away. Pamela was hired to represent JC Penny’s service and values. Pamela showed incompetent actions toward me along with lies to other customers to defend her lax action to mistreat me.

I encountered Virginia and the customer Pamela had me to step aside for having a conversation about me. I informed the customer she was not there as I stood patiently in line. I spoke with Virginia once again. Virginia declared she would make note of the other customer’s statements.

I stated to Virginia how unfair it would be for her to take a statement against me from that customer. I suggested she should view the cameras. Virginia was surprised I made an intelligent remark in my defense. I just wanted to order curtains since the mishap of Hurricane Harvey.

The unprofessional actions of Pamela are not the appropriate way to attract loyal customers.

I am very saddened and disappointed with JC Penny allowing Pamela to continue to represent the company.I will wait to hear from you.

Review about: Jcpenney Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Release employees that are unprofessional with customers.

I didn't like: Customer service sucks.

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments