Ease of Use

I paid my bill and was a day or so late.I was assessed some interest charges, like less than a dollar.

I didn’t worry when the next month’s bill came, since I had already paid it. The next one came and I couldn’t believe there was a past due balance. It was that less than a dollar interest charge and late fees. I called to find out why I was even being charged all this, they wrote it off for me.

BUT, then to my surprise a month later, I notice they reported me to the credit bureau. I have a bad mark on my excellent credit rating because of a $6.00 late fee. I went from a rating of 811 to a 710 just because of the 6 dollar late fee. THANKS A LOT JCPENNEY!

I worked hard on my credit score and couldn’t believe it dropped that much for this one $6 late fee. Remember that late fee is for an interest charge of less than a dollar.

I then called in and found out they dropped my available credit to only $100 on my JC Penney card because of that. They said they couldn’t do anything about it. Needless to say I cancelled my credit card.

BEWARE!I urge you all to keep an eye on your billing since they have no problem in reporting even their best customers.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

This is exactly why you should NEVER be late in paying your bill.This is how retail stores make most of their money.

You should always pay your bill a week or so in advance. If your payment due date is 4/4 & you pay it 4/3, most likely you'll be charged a late fee. It's all about the billing cycle, not the payment due date. Also, weekends don't count, so if you make your payment on Saturday & your bill is due Monday....guess what?

Late fee!

It sucks, but retail credit cards are the WORST!And they'll only waive the late fee once, after that, no more.