1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I made an online order on 02/19/18 for 2 comforter sets, two pillowcase protectors and a sheet set. I chose to ship it to the store because they couldn’t ship it to my house.

I was charged $182.60 on my debit card on 2/20/2018. I checked online to see the status of my order and it would say “we are preparing your order” even though the expected delivery date was March 3 to March 6. On March 7, I call JcPenny customer service and they tell me part of my order is already at the store but the other part was cancelled and a refund was issued to my card. I never got an email notifying me of the cancellation nor the arrival of the items.

I did check my card statement and a refund was issued on 02/22/18 for approximately $123. The jcp employee was very nice and told me I could reorder the comforters again for the same price I had purchased on 02/19. The next day (03/08) I receive an email that the order made on 03/07/18 had been cancelled and no charges had been made to my card. On 03/09 I check my card online and I was charged for the cancelled order a full amount.

I called jcp and talked to the two rudest customer service reps ever. They said that I had to dispute these charges with the bank and their system was showing a $0.00 balance. I went to my bank and they confirmed that a withdrawal of $156.08 was made by jcp but advice to wait at least a month to see if the store would refund me the money. On 04/03/18, I received my bank statement for the month of March and no refunds had been made.

I called jcp again and another rude employee told me their system showed my card wasn’t charged and would never be charged and there is nothing I could do.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t think $156 would make me richer but I don’t feel it’s right that jcp can keep my money like that.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 03.

Comments

Unfortunately, the credit dept takes forever to fully process refunds. Some take over a month, and of course, they only do them on business days, not weekends.