State: Texas Product: Jcpenney Cashier Clear all filters (5 of 30 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Jcpenney - Cashier Review from El Paso, Texas

So JcP has an introductory, one time 20% off when you sign up for their texts or emails. At the same time, they have 20% off for only card holders. I kindly tell my cashier, I signed up for the texts and have the code, she's immediately shocked and annoyed, then starts to rudely repeat it is only for card holders and refuses to even try it. Assuming I won't make my purchase, she throws my items to the empty register behind her and calls the next person.. While I am still standing in front of her. I laugh thinking this must be a joke, then I ask her if she is seriously not going to try it and tells me, "no. Give me your phone. I'll show you it's only for card holders." Anyone with common sense knows you are never supposed to even touch a customers phone. I mean, at least pretend to try the code and don't tell a customer that they are wrong and refuse to even try. Since this was the hardest thing to do for her, she passed my item to the employee next to her who tried the code without a problem and it worked. I told her to tell her friend associate, not to insist to customers that they are wrong because she looks bad, and she tells me "it's ok," no it is not, you do not talk to customers that way. I'm so disgusted by the customer service I received. Unfortunately, I know this older lady will continue to give horrible customer service to others. I know this for a fact because while I was standing there, a woman approached to ask her where boys backpacks were and she did not even turn to look at the woman while she rudely told her "we don't have any." It's unfortunate that Jcp is represented by employees like her.
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Jcpenney Cashier Review

4.0
Want to store today and manager Monica was so rude and disrespectful. I will absolutly tell 10 of my friends so they can tell 10 more about my experience. I work in retail and would not tolerate my employees treating my customers that way!! How do you let 4 people do seperate transactions then tell me my cashier can't and then laugh and throw my products in my daughters face.
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Jcpenney in Houston, Texas - Swimsuit mark up???

Swimsit top was marked with a sticker for $38.00 sale was 30% off should be $26.60, price Under the $25.00 ! Stopped manager to ask how this was ok and what the price would be at checkout, She tried to keep walking and said that it would be a better price at the check out. When asked how she preceded to explain that people want sales and coupons. I let her know that the math does not add up she left. At the check out I asked for a price check before purchase, again the manager was present and left as I got to the register. The cashier checked the price and said it would be 19.99 I said I wold take it. She scanned it on the register and it rang as $33.00, She was confused and scanned it as a price check again and then said " O 19.99 is the price if you were returning it after 30 days you would get refund of 19.99. I could not believe it. I told her the price was 38.00 over the 25.00 price and it was suppose to be 30% off. I do not believe I want any of the items and that this was all dishonest and I left. I will not honor a store that wants to make a fool of its customers. What a shame I have always trusted the name of JC Penney's no more. Just be honest and fair! I know yo need to be make a profit but not at the expense of making fools of people.Brenda Smith Katy TX

In response to Nancy :

JCP employees are under no illusions .

There is no such thing as a "fair and honest" company anymore .

Sad but true.

With a regular price of $38, and at 30% off the price for the swimsuit should have been $26.60.

I don't know where the associate would have come up with $19.99.

I'm so sick and tired of employees of JCP replying to posts regarding the huge mark up in prices because customers demand coupons. JCP was in deep financial trouble long before they stopped the coupons and added "FAIR" pricing.

Employees of JCP are brainwashed into thinking they are working for a fair honest company. Not everyone gets coupons- so a company should be fair to ALL shoppers.

Wake up employees, the company is billions and billions of dollars in debt, stocks are down over 60% from 5 years ago and your job is to slap stickers on merchandise that is already overpriced! Welcome to the "NEW" JCP!

@Nancy

Your point is? We keep responding because *** customers like yourself don't seem to get how things work in retail.

At least with the new way, we had fair and square pricing which meant you didn't need a coupon or didn't have to come to the store at a specific time to get a "sale" or great deal. The company gave back what customers asked for now: sales and coupons. Bottom line, JCP gives coupons to their loyal customers.

You don't think we know how the company is in debt? We obviously do.

According to everything I have heard about the pricing system at JCP is that when they tried having the price and one price, all dollars, with no cents added, they quit having sales and coupons. They had so many complaints that they raised the prices by putting a sticker over the price on the tag, and then having sales.

Now people like you are complaining that they raised the prices.

Well you can't have it both ways. Grow up!!!!!

@anonymous

You obviously can't do the math!or failed to read and comprehend. No matter the coupons or sales discount it does not come up to the correct price when you have 2 price tags, and a discount of 30% and no coupon.

and I never said I like coupons or sale adds!

I like fair prices and honesty. Period.

@Dear S.D.

Then, all you have to blame is your fellow customers that wanted sales and coupons. Fair and square everyday low pricing was great, but not many customers responded to this change.

So yes prices are now raised so it can be put on sale, and no you it doesn't go to the low everyday price even with a sale or perhaps a coupon. JCP is not the only store that does this. Macy's Dilliards, Sears, etc all do it. So i'm sick of hearing all of the customers complain about what they asked for.

It's unfortunate that some of them didn't understand this is how it was before everyday low pricing. Too busy buying into all of this psychology that to get a great deal, they expect sales and coupons :grin This is industry standard. The company has to profit somehow. Doesn't matter if you peel the sticker off and see a lower price.

The point is the new sticker is the current price so no you won't get the price underneath the sticker lol. A lot of you obviously have no idea how retail works.

View more comments (6)
Jcpenney Cashier

Jcpenney in Dallas, Texas - Hook, bait, and switch scheme JC Penney uses for instant credit

My girlfriend and I went to JC Penney in San Antonio to buy a dozen shorts and some polo shirts. After spending about two hours selecting our clothes we were enticed to apply for credit by the cashier. The hook, bait, and switch scheme which JC Penney used was to offer me instant credit, JC Penney Reward $10.00, and a 20% off my entire purchase. I applied for credit on the spot, and within a few minutes the cashier told me I had to call this number 1-800-448-1900. I was told by the cashier that my application was pending and I COULD NOT get my 20% off which JC Penney promised. What a disappointment, this retailer uses some shady tactics to obtain customers. Whatever happened to JC Penney's "simple, honest, fair & square" commitment to customers??? It is a bunch of crock! I WILL NOT be buying anything else at ANY JC Penney store and will tell my fellow Marines, Soldiers and Sailors about your company's dishonest practices. I spent $192.62 and my girlfriend spent $107.04 a very disappointing purchase for both of us. Don't be surprised when I return my items for a complete refund. Sincerely, TOTALLY dissatisfied customer. -GySgt Salazar U.S. Marines

You're right, if I was denied credit. However, JCP told me on the phone that it wasn't dissapproved.

Three weeks later I received my JCP credit card in the mail! I went back to the store and they refunded the entire 20% difference!!! I purchased the clothing because I really needed some shorts and polos.

Now the problem is solved! Thanks!

Ummm...it's not really a bate and switch. If you get approved, you get the 20% off; when your card comes, you get the $10 rewards coupon.

You didn't get approved.

Therefore, you didn't qualify for either the discount or rewards coupon. GE Money who owns the JCP credit card didn't approve you--no approval, no discount.

If you were so upset, why did you even bother buying the clothing?

View more comments (1)
Jcpenney Cashier
My wife went to our JCP store here in Wichita Falls TX today, Thursday July 14, 2011. She purchased many clothing items from the store! She took the items she wanted to buy to the cash register and placed them ALL ON THE COUNTER where the cashier could CLEARLY SEE...

I agree with a lot of these comments, if she was paying so close attention to the cashier talking, she should have notice the purse not being scanned. In that case, she should have spoke up, since she did not speak up that is basically the same as stealing.

Either way people need to pull there heads out of there *** and pay attention.

I don't know how many times I've corrected a cashier for double charging me on an item. Just saying.

View more comments