Watsonville, California

I purchased $51 worth of merchandise almost a week ago and not only did it take 2 days for them to actually have a tracking number but they shipped it UPS Surepost, which relies on the post office for the last leg of the shipment.One would think that the $8.95 they charged shipping (which amounts to 15% of the purchase price) would be the regular UPS service and not the cheap version.

I sure hope I don't have to return the merchandise because I'll bet I'll have to lay out another $10 to get it back. Clumsy me, I forgot why I don't shop at JC Penney.

Overpriced, slow service, crappy merchandise.What's not to hate?

Review about: Shorts.

I didn't like: Slow expensive shipping.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

joe blow
Hingham, Massachusetts, United States #1289843

i, too, ordered an item from JC Penney.

took them 3 days before they actually shipped item, and then by FRUSTRATINGLY slow UPS surepost that adds 2 - 3 days of shipping time.

i, too, paid $8.95 shipping / handling. a BIG ripoff.

turns out the item shipped from a distribution center 40 miles from my residence and took 8 days to travel that distance.

i will never order from JCPenny again !!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1208610

I agree, my package has been 20 minutes away from me since September 2nd, but has not been sent out for delivery yet. This is horrible.

DITTO.Absolutely ridiculous!

Expensive, slow and not even UPS or FedEx...stuffed in the mailbox by mailman. Really quite pathetic.

It's no wonder they struggle nationally.Just a matter of before this company is a relic of the past.