Jcpenney - Shipping too slow & expensive-they suck

313 of 1059 Jcpenney reviews

I purchased $51 worth of merchandise almost a week ago and not only did it take 2 days for them to actually have a tracking number but they shipped it UPS Surepost, which relies on the post office for the last leg of the shipment.One would think that the $8.95 they charged shipping (which amounts to 15% of the purchase price) would be the regular UPS service and not the cheap version.

I sure hope I don't have to return the merchandise because I'll bet I'll have to lay out another $10 to get it back. Clumsy me, I forgot why I don't shop at JC Penney.

Overpriced, slow service, crappy merchandise.What's not to hate?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Shorts
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #637920

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jcpenney? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
313 of 1059 Jcpenney reviews
joe blow

2 days ago #1289843 Hingham, Massachusetts, United States

i, too, ordered an item from JC Penney.
took them 3 days before they actually shipped item, and then by FRUSTRATINGLY slow UPS surepost that adds 2 - 3 days of shipping time.
i, too, paid $8.95 shipping / handling. a BIG ripoff.
turns out the item shipped from a distribution center 40 miles from my residence and took 8 days to travel that distance.
i will never order from JCPenny again !!

Sep 06, 2016 #1208610 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I agree, my package has been 20 minutes away from me since September 2nd, but has not been sent out for delivery yet. This is horrible.

Jan 18, 2016 #1096642

DITTO. Absolutely ridiculous! Expensive, slow and not even UPS or FedEx...stuffed in the mailbox by mailman. Really quite pathetic. It's no wonder they struggle nationally. Just a matter of before this company is a relic of the past.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.