I purchased (2) Mens neckchains 1- 10k Gold and 1- Silver (2) Mens bracelets 1- 10k and 1- Silver all of which I found out to be not what I paid for, I went to have a watch battery replaced at my local jeweler and was offered a free jewelry cleaning so I took them up on the offer at which time I was informed that the 10k Gold Necklace was not Gold and was more likely to be plated.I asked how this could be the Jeweler then went on to test the necklace with a magnet and acid, they then suggested I contact the JCP and the manufacturer of the Aurafin brand Richline Group.
I called th JCP corporate office and was told to take it back to the store and the store Manager is the only one able to resolve this issue, later 9/16/2014 I called the Richline Group to get more information and to find out if the necklace was in fact plated or some other metal. The Richline Group representative said he would email me the information and has not. I then went on to check all the pieces of jewelry I have purchsed from JC Penny and they are all attracted to magnet(s) my other jewelry not purchased from JC Penny are not attracted to magnet(s) so now a I am left one option it seems to deal with the store manager that is stating jewelry purchased over 60 days is non returnable even though I have the original box and tags. I do have one thing to say to those saying you should buy a store warranty any business that sells jewelry merchandise above $1000 should provide a warranty free of charge jewelry is not an electronic device or clothing that is easily worn or broken, when I purchase a watch of $300-up I receive a warranty some have even given lifetime warranties free of charge, I think purchases over a $1000 make it fair to say if the jewelry is what it is claimed to be, then it is worth having a honorable policy.
Needless to say I would suggest anyone looking to purchase jewelry learn how to spot real from fake jewelry, I wish I would have been more skeptical before making my purchases and trusting the JC Penney store.Below I have added picture showing cleary how a magnet picks up both the Silver and Gold jewelry pieces.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Gold Necklace
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- " I have ordered the Home Expressions 2-Pack Grommet-Top Curtain Panel, Item #731-1569D - product: Norris 2pk 118x84. color: Linen 1st order on 10/02/2016 with order number: 2016-2765-8032-6258, received..."
- "My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone...."
- "Do not order a sectional at jcpenneys. They got mine wrong 3 times!!!! They do not follow your original order once placed, so they keep making same mistakes. If they..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."