I strongly advise everyone not buy anything JCPenney with a rebate. They still make you cut off the upc code & mail in the rebate form!!

I purchased a couple of items on black Friday & sent in my rebate form worth upc & the actual receipt. I never heard anything from them & of course completely forgot about it. I've never had to follow up anywhere involving a rebate. Apparently, they do have a website for tracking, but they do not notify you ever!

I recently checked on my rebates only to find out they didn't accept either rebate because there was no purchase date. I sent the original in store receipt,so obviously there is a date & i didn't have any other receipt anyway, so wth?! Totally scammed out of my 2 $30 gift cards.

Never again!! Do not let this happen to you!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Rebate.

Comments

SO GLAD TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE I PURCHASE THE HOTPOINT WASHER & DRYER BLACK FRIDAY 2018 SPENT $1029 ACCORDING TO THEIR ADVERTISEMENT..TO GET A $200 VISA CARD... NEVER HAPPEN THEY TOLD ME MY PURCHASE DIDN'T QUALIFY.

EACH ITEM HAD TO BE $398 A PIECE WELL I SPENT THAT PLUS THE ADDED STUFF NEEDED & WARRANTY THE SALES CLERK EITHER RANG IT UP INCORRECT, WHICH LEFT ME SHORT OF TOTAL OF $7.00 SHORT SO WHAT THEY SAID. THEY ARE LIARS, SCAMMERS, DISHONORABLE.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. THE STORE DID CORRECT MY ISSUE- THANK YOU

I am having similar issue - first the UPC was lost and now it is invalid. This rebate program seems like a BIG scam. Too bad JCPenney who is struggling to stay open has gotten into this.

I submitted a rebate for J.C. Penney’s Black Friday cookware sale.

I had over 70 dollars of rebates coming. I mailed it certified mail; tracking shows it was delivered. However, JC Penney’s claims they never got it. I emailed them pics of the tracking receipt and the upcs and store receipts.

Now they say the upcs are blurry. I can’t retake them because ....

they lost my submission. Don’t shop there if you plan on submitting rebates.

I went BF Shopping and was handed a coupon for $10 off a purchase..I bought an air fryer that had a $20 rebate advertised...I paid 49.99 for the fryer, used the coupon, then submitted the rebate...the fine print reads you can't use a coupon...but you dont know this until AFTER the purchase...so frustrating...

#1631994

You are spot on!!!! When I called the first time I was told there was a problem.

they of course "fixed" it while I was on the phone. They did not share what the problem was. It now has been months later and NO WORD OR REBATE.

What a way to make extra money for a failing company. Will not go into the store until my rebate comes in.

We too had the same Issue.

I experienced the same difficulty starting with the on line rebate process where I took pictures of the original receipt and of the UPC code. It came back on a check up a few days later that allowable limit exceeded.

I contacted them to see if I had sent too many photos (4) and if that is what they meant by exceeds limit. I had never filed before so they could not be talking about too many filings. They were never able to answer any of my questions directly, always indirectly and then never really answering the question. I was told that my case would have to be sent to the review team and contact them after 10 days.

Something wrong here, they should have been able to tell me straight what the issue was unless..... unless it is a scam.

#1620424
@Edward Nilb

I sent in 2 rebates through their website and when I called the recording said I only had 1 and it was not accepted. I did whatever it asked me to do.

Now, I have another purchase on 12/11 for Cooks toaster and I can't find a rebate.

I only bought these 3 (gifts) because of the rebate. I no longer have the boxes.

Rebates DO have expiration dates on when you have to send them in by, you know.

same thing happened to me, i had 2 rebates with 1 reciept. i was payed for 1 rebate but not the 2nd because they claimed i didn't have a receipt.

@Anonymous

I PURCHASE THE HOTPOINT WASHER & DRYER SET $1029 TO RECEIVE THE VISA $200 CARD. I WAS TOLD MY PURCHASE DIDNOT QUALIFY EACH ITEM HAD TO BE $398 A PIECE IT DIDN'T SAY THAT NEXT I WAS TOLD I WAS A TOTAL OF $7.00 SHORT,DELIVERY THEY LEFT MY ITEMS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR DIDN'T BRING THE EQUIPMENT TO HOOK IT UP YET I PAID FOR THEM, WENT TO LOWES TO GET THEM, CALLED GE THEY GAVE ME A CREDIT$25 NOT GOOD GOT ANOTHER FOR $100, THE STORE HONOR MY $200 REBATE. I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY ANY THING NOT A FREE GLASS OF WATER OUT JCPENNEYS.