I strongly advise everyone not buy anything JCPenney with a rebate. They still make you cut off the upc code & mail in the rebate form!!

I purchased a couple of items on black Friday & sent in my rebate form worth upc & the actual receipt. I never heard anything from them & of course completely forgot about it. I've never had to follow up anywhere involving a rebate. Apparently, they do have a website for tracking, but they do not notify you ever!

I recently checked on my rebates only to find out they didn't accept either rebate because there was no purchase date. I sent the original in store receipt,so obviously there is a date & i didn't have any other receipt anyway, so wth?! Totally scammed out of my 2 $30 gift cards.

Never again!! Do not let this happen to you!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Rebate.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 31.

Comments

I experienced the same difficulty starting with the on line rebate process where I took pictures of the original receipt and of the UPC code. It came back on a check up a few days later that allowable limit exceeded.

I contacted them to see if I had sent too many photos (4) and if that is what they meant by exceeds limit. I had never filed before so they could not be talking about too many filings. They were never able to answer any of my questions directly, always indirectly and then never really answering the question. I was told that my case would have to be sent to the review team and contact them after 10 days.

Something wrong here, they should have been able to tell me straight what the issue was unless..... unless it is a scam.

Rebates DO have expiration dates on when you have to send them in by, you know.

same thing happened to me, i had 2 rebates with 1 reciept. i was payed for 1 rebate but not the 2nd because they claimed i didn't have a receipt.