2.6
Ease of Use

I have been a loyal customer for the last two to three years. I rarely shop at the store because they have special sales that are online only.

I have had reasonably good experience with the online ordering. More recently I had two online orders that they messed up and didn't email me about it. I only order clothing and shoes from them and feel bad for other reviewers that ordered appliances and furniture. I always choose the option to pick up at the store because it is free and there's a store near me.

Also they require $100 for free delivery and Macys only require $49 and other stores also give free shipping for way under $100. So I ordered 3 items and 2 came in at the same time and I went to the store to pick up. I also told the sales rep. I had one more item in that same order and when will that one arrive at the store.

The online tracking show it had been shipped. He looked it up and didn't have updated information so he said he would check the back room. No it wasn't in the backroom he said it may be on backorder . So I waited 3 weeks and nothing, no email to notify me it was ready for pickup.

Finally I went to the store and the sales rep. checked again and there was no updated information so he called a manager over. She said she will just return the item and then order it again and give me free shipping to go to my home. I received the item five days after that.

She was very familiar wih that process so it probably happens a lot. Why did that happen if it was on backorder? I let it go because I really like the jacket and it was free shipping. I had a similar experience ordering online the next time.

The difference is I paid for shipping because I didn't want to go to the store 2 or 3 times to pick up the items. Two items arrived at my home in separate deliveries that's ok. Then I waited and waited for 4 weeks for the third item and it never came. I went to the store to inquire and the sales rep.

looked it up but didn't find out what happened to it. He called a manager and she found out that item was cancelled. I was really annoyed. I said why was that cancelled I know I didn't do it.

I did not get an email saying the item was cancelled. I only got a standard apology. When I got home I checked the website and the item was still available so why was it cancelled?

I will give them one more chance and if they screw up again I'm done with JCPenney. They had to close a lot of stores and if they want a larger share of the online market they better clean up their act and focus on improving their services.

Review about: Jcpenney Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

As employees, including managers, we don't know why orders are cancelled as there's no way for us to look this info up. The customer service number is where they can give you that info.

And I'm sorry but, whether you're a loyal customer or not....you are considered the same as all other customers. Sad, but true.