Plano, Texas
5.6K views

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties. I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is. Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

Comments

I also have been buying Towncraft pant from JCP for decades. I had forethought to buy a huge supply in various colors before they stopped caring them.

At my age I think i have enough for ten more years. I just do not go to JCP for anything now. They abandoned the loyal customer.

The only ones I ran out of was the denim. How to screw up a company.

No one else carried the volley shorts by Towncraft. Been buying them for years now, happily. There's the end of my shopping experience at JCP.

I am not happy that JCP no longer offers Towncraft solid color shorts (walking). I will go elsewhere for shorts now.

Needed to reorder for father - very annoying to find they're gone. When you go all-out to attract new customers and fail, driving away the loyal customers seems not so great an idea.

I have a son that is disabled & these elastic waist jeans were perfect for ease of changing & also comfort. When your posture is altered, the waist of most pants is too

high & cuts into your abdomen when sitting. These jeans were comfortable & I do think that they should be available.

JCP must have all the mis-managers & rejects from the other departments stores. Reminds me of Wards as they were about to go out of business.

I can buy name brands anywhere. But you could only get Towncraft items at JCP. When they got rid of the full time professional personal in the men's department and no longer offer fittings. I could see the writing on the wall.

I am so disappointed in the management and how they are dismantling and American institution. Also have you notice the junk they are starting carry in the isle's.

What a same! Not that they seem to care they are losing customers, I will no longer wast my time shopping there.

you are not alone, it is all over the net ,even on ebay they are selling above retail for those lucky to find their size. There is a good reason JCP is losing customers.

I am also very disappointed that JC Penney is no longer carrying Towncraft expandable slacks. The least they could have done was let us know. I would have stocked up.

Towncraft were my favorite slacks to wear and purchase and now JC Penney no longer carries them. No wonder they are having problems. If someone else would start carrying them, they would have me for a customer...Shame on you JC Penney

We have purchased these Towncraft pants for around 10 years at JC Pennys. Too bad they got rid of something that worked for all types of people

I have bought Towncraft Mens Jeans and started looking again for them only to find they are no longer carried by JCP. How sad to lose such a good product.

I myself have tried to order the same TownCraft jeans for my 88 year old father. I am trying to find them online and haven't had any luck so far. LB

I've been buying Towncraft elastic-waist pants (flat front) for years and this Christmas I couldn't find them at J C Penney's. This makes buying clothes for my son so much harder now.

I sure wish Penney's would re-think this matter and stock Towncraft elastic-waist pants again (or something similar with elastic waists).

just finding these jeans a few years ago now and for a while are no longer available sucks. bought many pair on ebay but these work the best.

it's too bad that either the company (JCP) or the Towncraft no longer has these to offer. no other brand i found fit and work the same.

Try losing weight you porker. JCP no longer needs to sell to the obese.

@Anonymous

i buy these for 10 yrs. now.

for my son who is very thin but has only one arm from a dirt bike accident. With the elastic waist he can get them on without assistance. It make him feel independent. he is only 33 yrs.

old. So, you see you comment is wrong.

#819077
@Anonymous

NOT NICE COMMENT ABOUT THE OVER WEIGHT MAN!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

@betty boop

Don't mind him! He is just an inconsiderate ***.

@Anonymous

YOU ARE A *** NOTHING GOOD TO SAY KEEP IT TO YOURSELF YOU ARE WHY WE AS A WHOLE CAN'T GET ALONG I'M A SR AND THIS TYPE OF CLOTHING WORKS, FOR YOUNG AND OLDE . I HOPE SOON YOU BREAK A LEG OR GET IN A WRECK AND BREAK A HIP AND NEAD THIS TYPE OF WEAR.

BUT YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE . GOOD BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE

@Anonymous

Porker yourself!! These pants were just plain comfortable and looked very nice.

We're of great quality also. Maybe you will be a PORKER someday.

Sometime weight is almost impossible to lose due to medications , different diseases, etc. You are plain ignorant.