Jcpenney - On-line customer

550 of 1061 Jcpenney reviews

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties.I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is.Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 72 Yes 72 11 No 11
Had the same issue 174 Yes 174
550 of 1061 Jcpenney reviews

Dec 02, 2016 #1248893 Marion, Indiana, United States

I also have bought Towncraft 'back elastic' pants for years at JCP. They were worn by many men. They loved the cut, comfort and weight.
I have searched for the past 2 years to find them, to no avail.
Is there anywhere you know of that still makes these pants, even under another name. My husband and his friends miss these pants so badly.
Is there anyway that you would consider carrying them again, ever?
Please help, we are desperate.
And...why don't you reply to any of these messages? Evidently you don't care about customer satisfaction

Ro

Oct 29, 2016 #1233690 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I also bought towncraft elastic waist jeans for my husband who is a size 52 waist. Very disappointed I only cannot find them thru jcp, but nowhere on the internet.

Neddie

Aug 18, 2016 #1200707 Winter Haven, Florida, United States

yes I am having the same problem with the towncraft expandable waist mens pants. now you do not carry these. I always bought lots of products from your store and on line. Why don't you listen to your customers.

Mar 29, 2016 #1136205

That goes for Me too..I been Penneys Towncraft Pants for the last 15 years maybe longer. The pants they are selling as replacements are super thin, and the elastic in the waste is only about 1'' on both sides..They try and fool you with the marking of a very high price, like 79.00 dollars a pair, buy them today for 29.00..save 50 dollars...what a BS come on....I bought 5 pair yesterday, 139.00 worth..They are going back tomorrow..so disappointed in Penney these days..There white tees was the best, was raised on them, over 40 years, the polo tee with high crew neck,, thick cotton Tee that was the best...That too has went out the window...Penneys sure has went down hill....

Mar 24, 2016 #1133267

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.....NO LONGER CAN FIND
the jeans...town craft...I liked the light weight and color..
IS THERE ANY PLACE I CAN BUY THEM...
JIM RERUCHA

Jan 09, 2016 #1091798

I am looking for these for my 9year old dad, they are the only oants he can wear. Thanks JCPenney for not carrying these any more and making my life miserable.

Dan

Nov 17, 2015 #1065393 Greenville, Pennsylvania, United States

I totally agree with everything you said. Towncraft is the only jean I have worn for several years now! I am also very disappointed!!!

Oct 11, 2015 #1046525

Why can't I find the long sleeve towncraft shirts anymore...? Jcpenney your loosing customers ...

Sep 25, 2015 #1039114

Those were good jeans, and they continually phased them out. Since I can not find them in their stores, I make very few trips, if any, to any of their stores. I think they should bring them back.

Sep 25, 2015 #1039113

ditto

Sep 21, 2015 #1036913

I agree!!! I have been buying towncraft pants for my husband for many years and they longer carry them...too bad. Now I cannot find them anywhere, but once I do...bye bye JC Penney!!!

Aug 02, 2015 #1015034

After all. What is the closest replacement for the towncraft short pants? I mean the most similar, including the price? It must be something similar on the market!

Jun 16, 2015 #995681 Beckley, West Virginia, United States

I am also in need of the town craft jeans. It is all my father will wear. I'm sure if I shop around I will be able to find something similar. J.C. Penney will be losing our business as well!!!

May 24, 2015 #988117

I had been purchasing the towncraft elastic waist pants for my autistic son. They were comfortable and looked great too. I have been unable to find the same quality elsewhere and am so disappointed that they have been discontinued.

May 18, 2015 #985828

For good ol' regular husbands (or mates), Towncraft couldn't be beat! Great quality, always good value .... And now GONE! You retailers are messing with us regulars waaay too much!

May 05, 2015 #980230

I couldn't agree more with most of these comments. I loved those jeans and they were the only ones I ever bought. Very depressing when they vanished off the shelf.
But is Townsend out of business? Do they just not make them any more. It would seem they would find a new store to market them since they were and still are a 'huge' hit and quality product. And why has J.C. Penney's not responded to any of these comments?
Surely Townsend knows what a quality product they have. Have they gone out of business maybe.

Apr 29, 2015 #978198

I have bought towncraft pants (from J C Penny's) for 20 years and now I haven't been able to do so for about a year... So, my shopping at Penny's has, and will continue to, decline.... So, J C Penny's, if you want my business bring towncraft pants back!!!

Hogan love

Mar 22, 2015 #962097 Fort Payne, Alabama, United States

We're can I get towncraft elestic waist pants. Why would you quit selling them when everyone love those pants

8 0 Reply

1-20 of 61 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jcpenney. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Jcpenney.
Filing a new complaint about
×