5K views 65 comments

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties.I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is.Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

Review about: Towncraft Slacks.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

David Mayer
North Olmsted, Ohio, United States #1327238

ditto

Conneaut, Ohio, United States #1308407

In 2009 I had a case of shingles and to this day I can not wear a belt.I found that the Towncraft elastic waist with suspenders were the most comfortable fit for me.

I have been looking for some new ones but can not find any.Evidently Penny's must have discontinued them.

I second that - best shorts ever now I have to find somewhere else to buy them.

Robert Hixson
Ocala, Florida, United States #1294647

I loved the town craft pants with the elastic in the back. I don't understand why J c Penny no longer sell them.

Marion, Indiana, United States #1248893

I also have bought Towncraft 'back elastic' pants for years at JCP.They were worn by many men.

They loved the cut, comfort and weight.

I have searched for the past 2 years to find them, to no avail.

Is there anywhere you know of that still makes these pants, even under another name.

My husband and his friends miss these pants so badly.

Is there anyway that you would consider carrying them again, ever?

Please help, we are desperate.

And...why don't you reply to any of these messages?Evidently you don't care about customer satisfaction

Pissed off
Montreal, Quebec, Canada #1234713

Yea, JC Penny sucks the bag on that one

Ro

I also bought towncraft elastic waist jeans for my husband who is a size 52 waist. Very disappointed I only cannot find them thru jcp, but nowhere on the internet.

srd
San Diego, California, United States #1218109

Ditto - bad decision on the part of management.

Neddie
Winter Haven, Florida, United States #1200707

yes I am having the same problem with the towncraft expandable waist mens pants.now you do not carry these.

I always bought lots of products from your store and on line.Why don't you listen to your customers.

That goes for Me too..I been Penneys Towncraft Pants for the last 15 years maybe longer. The pants they are selling as replacements are super thin, and the elastic in the waste is only about 1'' on both sides..They try and fool you with the marking of a very high price, like 79.00 dollars a pair, buy them today for 29.00..save 50 dollars...what a BS come on....I bought 5 pair yesterday, 139.00 worth..They are going back tomorrow..so disappointed in Penney these days..There white tees was the best, was raised on them, over 40 years, the polo tee with high crew neck,, thick cotton Tee that was the best...That too has went out the window...Penneys sure has went down hill....