2.2

In April &May, bought clothes at JC Penney and jcp.com. Returned all of jcp.com items and all but 3 of items bought in store.

jcp.com was able to clear account (in that I returned all items bought from them). Store response sucked. Manager called several weeks ago and said he was working on it -- called him back the next week and he was on vacation (everyone deserves a vacation, but one would think that the manager would have let me know he wouldn't be around the next week and would call me in about 10 days to let me know the status of my inquiry. Never happened.

District Manager did reach out and offered me a gift certificate for the amount I told him I had returned but had not been credited for -- I refused, as I know I won't shop Penney's in Wilmington ever again, due to their inability to accurately manage store returns. Recently, called JCP HQ and spoke to a man about the negligence provide by the store manager. No response. Used to shop JCP very easily when lived in Northern VA -- obviously they don't adhere to appropriate customer service standards in Wilmington, NC.

Am taking my complaint to the State's Attorney General, as basically the store & company are practicing fraudulent activities and consumers are paying for it.. Last insult got from them was for me to go thru my purchases and tell them what had not been returned -- since they use cheap paper for receipts in the store, most of the print-outs have faded -- and apparently they don't keep copies.

I have never run into such incompetence with any other company. ,Have found some emplouyees who are trying to help me, but even as they reach out to store manager and district manager, they get no response.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Manager.

Jcpenney Pros: Variety of clothing choices.

Jcpenney Cons: Incompetence of management.

• In-Store Clothing Returns

Comments

#1342467 -- no response from JCP store manager, District manager or corporate team member that I spoke with