Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4.4

I'm heart broken. A payment of 30 (something) dollars didn't go through in Oct.

( the representative said two payments come back since I've had the card. In which basic errors, Other payments succeeded with no issue. I understand that it is a business but we are loyal customers, not only was I excited about my JCP card, I just knew I was doing right by it, I MADE A MISTAKE!! My credit mean so much to me, finally going as planned paying every bill as planned and over a (SIMPLE) mistake this has happened.

Not to mention the representative who was rushing me off the phone while I was trying to get an understanding about what was going on.. I mean forgive me for being confused about this close account nonsense. Another lost customer ( they may think it's small) but if enough of us feel the same way they will be headed towards bankruptcy. I owe $28.00 in Dec.

That's all!

My account is closed. Yes, this is a set back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Forgive a mistake. Do not hurt my credit report for months over a $38 I did not know returned ( my fault ) and offer a loyal customer who learned from their mistakes another chance to make it right. .

Jcpenney Pros: Spending money at jcpenny.

Jcpenney Cons: How they are not loyal to customers who are loyal to them.

Comments

GrouchyCuscus184

WARNING : CREDIT CARD IS NOT PENNYS IT'S SYNCHRONY BANK WITH PENNY LOGO .. but Plz Plz RUN FAST & FAR from ""any"" store credit card backed by Synchrony Bank..

~ seriously get out via written notification & cut the card up~ EXAMPLE Synchrony can & will slam you for 1100 SURPRISE interest on a 1500 so called 0% deferred interest promo. Get the 0% picture out of your mind,,, it's a SUPER DANGEROUS FOR THE CONSUMER mind *** game, they play hard ball!!! .. AND the contract few read & less understand but chicken scratch sign anyway protects them not you!!!!

Why do you think they wrote it without any input from you other than your chicken scratch signature????? BOTTOM LINE "Deferred-interest promos" are the latest plague on the consumer credit system!!!!!!! You have no idea how complicated they are until you get bitten .. the default penalty which can happen for any small reason is like being in a neighbor's yard & they let their Rottweiler loose on you because you did not get out of the yard in time & they won't bother to check if your getting out cuz it's THEIR PLAYGROUND which gives them the legal right to be a heartless bully..

Your better off instantly transferring all ballance to a ""REAL"" Discover, Visa or MasterCard card offering a "non" deferred 0% promo to avoid potentially being trapped into a surprise surprise surprise 35% interest Avalanche added to the original selling price of each product you purchase with the card.. You're just another crab in a NASTY NASTY crab pot in the Synchrony 0% scheme when the CONTRACT behind the card finds a way for their legal team to open up a can of whoop *** on you they all feast on your bank savings for dinner! And can garnish your wages in some states to make sure they get a whole pie & yours too..

Trust the community, you can be very hurt if you don't. With non store credit cards you can call up near the end of the promotion & ask if they have extensions or new ones they're usually willing to sign you up which gives you plenty of time to pay it off without any retroactive knockout punch to your savings & credit rating from the store branded credit card crooks