Product: Jcpenney Credit Card Clear all filters (77 of 77 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Jcpenney in Dudley, Massachusetts - Lifelong Customer Lost

I made a purchase of $10.47 in November of 2007. At that time I had lived at my "new" address for over two years, and had provided this address to JC Penney. Regardless, they sent bills to my old address. I never received any bills. They also had a valid email address on file for me, but never contacted me that way either. They kept adding on interest and penalties until the total was over $85, and ultimately closed my account. I was aware of none of this, as I've been using my AmEx card there for years. At some point they sold my account to a collection agency called First Source. Recently I have been harassed by the collection agency. I've spoken with them on the phone several times; they were rude and unwilling to work me on a mutually agreeable resolution. I have tried in vain for several weeks to contact JC Penney customer service, but can only get in touch with First Source or GE Capital (the apparent issuer of JC Penney credit cards). Customer service at JC Penney is a thing of the past. At this point I am unwilling to pay any amount to them. My wife and I have been loyal customers for over 40 years, but will never shop JC Penney again.
Jcpenney Credit Card
I have always paid my entire balance on all my credit cards. All cards are set up for auto pay through my bank except JC Penney card which doesn't give us that option. I had purchased items for about of about $2 in late August using JCP credit card. I have left...
Mackinley

I to my knowledge paid off my balance. To my amazement I next month had a $16+$2 dollar balance which l learned from credit karma because my statement failed to arrive when I learned of the situation I called immediately to make my payment I asked if there was any way of removing the late fee the guy said take it up with the credit bureaus jc penny is by far the worst creditor on the market avoid them by all means

Jcpenney Credit Card

Jcpenney in Saint Cloud, Minnesota - Took forever to ship an order + bad customer service

hate jcpenny because they don't care about customer service. I had an item shipped to the store and they promised me it would take one week for it to get there. I even applied for a jcpenny credit card coz i was supposed to get 20% or sth which i didnt get. My item didn't arrive on time they said it would take one more week. I called the store and they were not co-operative. The lady on the phone was so mean. So i cancelled my order and the card. too bad for them...They just lost a loyal customer!!

I went to a JC Penney yesterday and just had to mention what horrible customer service i received. To start i said hello to the old woman behind the counter.

Did not answer back, scanned my items, took my credit card and looked at the signature for about 5-10 seconds(don't know if she thought it was stolen)I gave her my card in her hand she in turn returned to me on the counter. After she finishes the transaction kind of pushes the bag on the counter towards me and turns to speak to the other cashier.

Thank you JC Penney for hiring people with such low civility that they do not know how to say, HELLO and THANK YOU. 1st and LAST TIME i will ever shop there.

I also had an item shipped to the store. After 2 weeks, the online status still reads "shipment pending." The online operator insists that the item was shipped and received by the store.

The store however insists that the item was never shipped. Needless to say, I will never order anything from JCP again.

When you applied for a JCPenney Credit Card, did you get approved? If you did, they should take out the 20% of your purchase.

If not, then you can't get the 20%. That's the company policy. Yeah, I've been told by the management that shipping is narrowed down to once a week on all online orders. Ron Johnson really made a mess of this place ever since he took over.

Such a shame. :(

View more comments (2)
Jcpenney Credit Card
Placed an online order on 4/21 for 5 in stock items. Received an email confirmation stating that my items would arrive in 4-7 business days. To make a long story short, my order finally shipped on 4/27 (As several of the items were located in "different distribution...

I didn’t receive my package even through my email said it arrived. I’m totally disappointed

Jcpenney Credit Card
I have not been in the "new" JC Penny 5 times since they made the switch. I have also walked out of their store 5 times with NOTHING purchased. I was a frequent shopper at Pennys. I was also quite pleased most times with the selection and quality of the purchases I...

I agree totally. What a sorry collection of ugly, poor quality clothes. Won't be shopping there much any more.

Jcpenney Credit Card

Jcpenney in Englewood, Colorado - I will never buy from JCP again ... ANYTHING!

I don't know if this will do any good, but I am so frustrated I am almost moved to tears. My mother-in-law has a small credit card that she used a few times several years ago ... with a very low balance. We have contacted the consumer help line on two separate occasions now, and are extremely frustrated at their lack of willingness to work with us(her) to help get this paid. She is elderly, on a fixed income and does not see ... and was somehow sold over the phone, some type of insurance on this card. Now, the bill is over $1000 and she has not USED IT IN AT LEAST A YEAR ... she doesn't understand why she keeps getting bills, etc. Her son and I have been trying to work with JCP. One consumer service agent told us in Oct/Nov that they would dismiss the $1000 and everything was clear, that it was their error. OK ... since then we have received 3 bills (Nov/Dec/Jan). We called again over the weekend and offered to settle this debt, just to get it off our plate (and my mother-in-laws). We were told there was nothing they could do ... we would have to pay it. We argued and pleaded with them, to no avail. We just wanted someone to listen and possible offer an amicable solution ... but no. We explained that she didn't understand, that she had no way to pay this, that it was just accruing, the interest had gone up, etc. and they did not seem to care. $1000 may not seem like alot to some people, but it is alot to us, and certainly alot to my mother-in-law. We also told them that we would pay what we could, that we weren't asking for a free & clear pass, but they stated more than once that it was "all or nothing". I cannot imagine, with the number of people who NEVER pay their bills ... that they are just throwing us away. It is very, extremely frustrating. And, I feel like I have nowhere to go. I have been on websites, looking for executive email addresses, the Better Business Bureau, etc. ... but nothing. I have submitted their name to every outlet I can, and I am trying to make it known that I will never buy anything branded JCPenney again because of this instance. I know they do not care, and I am just one person with a measley $1000, but I WILL NEVER buy anything from JCPenney's again. Thank you!
John N
#419945

A common scam---selling cardholders "protection" at a fee. Discover Card is well-known for this.

In your mother in law's case do the following:

Send them a certified letter from you mother stating she never knowingly agreed to this fee or service; has rarely used the card; is___years old with limited income; and has attempted to correct THEIR mistake via their customer service reps to no avail. Also say she cannot and will not pay any of these erroneous charges.

I don't know how old she is, but personally, I would hope you do NOT pay the money for her or she pay it either. Wait for a response from JCP and go from there, but you must not pay this charge!!! Let it go go a collection agency. Then ignore them too, but after you send them a copy of the letter you wrote to JCP and stating you do not owe the money they are trying to collect.

I know people pay things like this just to get rid of it, but they count on this and continue to refuse to do anything for you and continue to harass you. Time to stand up and protect mom. Good luck. Nil carborundum illegitimo.

Loss

JCPenney screaming commercial

I must get up and change the channel everytime it comes on. Don't listen to it long enough to see who the sponsor is. It is annoying! If a commercial grates on your nerves so badly, what makes JC Penneys think you want to purchase anything from their store? I used to be a customer of JC Penney, I have a credit card from there. I just really hate that commercial. I also loath having to write so many words to satisfy you. Is this even going to do any good? Hop this is enoughfor you. I am out of words.

Jcpenney in Cleveland, Ohio - JC PENNEY screaming commercial

The JC Penney screaming commercial is easily the most annoying and ridiculous commercial I have ever had to watch. I am grateful that I have a mute button on my remote and I can't get to it fast enough when this *** commercial starts. I am embarrassed to be of the same species as the *** responsible for putting such garbage on TV. My JC Penney's credit card had been destroyed and I will NEVER step foot in the place again. Anyone that has anything to do with getting this commercial on the TV should be standing in the unemployment line.
#420283

the loudest mosst annoying commercial ever. And how dare they play it in the evenings and at night when people are trying to relax. It should be banned for disturbing the peace!!!!!!

#420207

This commercial makes my blood boil and causes me stress. I hate it so much that I I have to mute it or turn the channel the second I see it to stop my anger.

#420200

I am very disappointed in the judgment of the JCP leaders. What were you thinking???

JCP has more class than to stoop to such lousy marketing antics.

The ads are annoying and do not reflect your company in a good light. fire your ad agency and whoever on your team that approved this campaign.

#420182

I will never, ever shop at JCP again... I repeat: EVER.

The screaming commercial is the most annoying commercial I think I have ever seen. It almost must makes me turn my TV off!.

If anyone from JCP looks at this site, your marketing / advertising folks should be fired. You're pushing your customers away!!!

#420157

the ad is annoying but also kind of funny. you dont want to shop at a long standing american owned company because of an ad you find offensive but you probably cant wait to save a buck at walmart with their friendly positive commercials and their business practices that are driving our country into the gutter. awesome.

#420119

Not only is this commercial annoying, it needs to be defecated on. I am not sure the market they are addressing.

Certainly not the discriminating customer. I am now not a person to every step foot in this store. I mute the TV when I see the commercial and sometimes change the channel.

This was a REALLY BAD MOVE! Shame on you!

#420118

The most annoying ad I've ever seen. I hope they lose lots of money for having done this.

#420106

Not only is it annoying and makes me angry it is absolutely uninformative.

#420069

Why make people mad at you, they won't want to shop at your store if you make them mad. Are they that desparate to get your attention? The response to bad behavior is to ignore it or avoid it.

#419908

Not only is this the most aggravating and insulting commercial I've ever seen or heard, it's played over and over and over - three or four times during a show. I don't know who's worse - the *** who created this, the company who paid for it, or the stations who air it. Just goes to show people will do anything for money...

#419901

This is the most horrible, annoying commercial I've ever seen. It's an insult to consumers and I will never shop in a JC Penney store again.

#419786

I hate this commercial it is obnoxious,annoying and nothing gratifying about it. I turn it every time I hear it. It is very upsetting because it does not represent the average consumer.

#419376

For the millions of dollars spent for developing this riduclous commercial and the TV air time, JCP could use the money to reduce prices more and procure a better line of clothes, for example. Whose the target audience for this ad?

younger age group???

I think not!!...my grandkids won't step foot in JCP. Glad I am not the only one that thinks this commercial obnoxious.

#419342

It's an *** commercial! Get over it or stop watching TV.

Desiree
#419204

To JCP: your Marketing and Ad Agency should be fired for the most Unprofessional Commercial that I have ever experienced. If this doesn't lower your market share and Stk Price with this ridiculous commercial, I don't know what will. Total Blue Light Special!!!

#419195

We have 3 year old son and this commercial frightens him. He runs to one of us shaking and being upset.

We turn off the TV now when leaving the room for a minute. This commercial should never been approved by any network.

Please complain to JCP, like we did, to remove this idiotic commercial. JCP 1-800-322-1189 ask for Customer Support.

#419071

absolutely the most abnoxious ad EVER. Their PR dept should go to in front of a firing squad. I will not shop there for a long time.

Most commercials are bad enough but this one hits an all time low. The obnoxious shouting repulses people like fingernails dragging on a chalkboard. They must not want customers because this is one way to do it.

View more comments (17)

Jcpenney in Westland, Michigan - JCPenny has the worst phone customer service

This is the letter that I wrote them minus a little personal info: I am a very frequent and loyal shopper of JCP. In fact, I often recommend you to my friends and co-workers. I loved JCP for your deals and service so much that I decided to try you out online. THAT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I placed an order online on 11/28/11 it was supposed to ship in 4-7 business days according to your website and my confirmation. After eagerly and patiently waiting 8 days on the items to arrive, I gave you all the benefit of the doubt and called your customer service department on 12/7/11. The first time I called in, your incompetent phone representative, Nancy I believe, well she placed me on hold for 4-5 minutes only to tell me that she looked at my order and she needed to transferred me to card services stating I needed to pay on my JCP credit card. OK, I am loyal, but I do not have a credit card with your company nor will I EVER get one after this incident! She transferred me so fast that I did not even have a chance to tell her that I don't have an account with you. Then your card services transferred to your catalog department who transferred me who hung up on me before transferring me back to customer service. I had to call back in on my own and wait on hold for a customer service representative for 4 minutes. I was then advised that my order was being shipped in 4 pieces and due to the "holiday" it was taking a little longer. I was dryly advised that two of my four pieces were already in transit and that the other two pieces would ship the following business day. Two weeks later, on 12/14/12 at 10:47PM I called back. This is my third call to your company and I spoke with a "Jackie A." who advised that my order had been CANCELED!!! Now I am very perplexed and annoyed with that statement, because how can you cancel something that was "shipped"? This was a gift for my mother's birthday which as previously stated never shipped! Jackie went on to say that she did not know why the order was canceled and she put me on hold for 6 minutes to research the issue, only to come back to the phone and advise me that she still could not figure out who or why the order was canceled. I have spent too many minutes of my life dealing with your POOR customer service agents. I am utterly disappointed in your company and service. The irony in this all, is that I am a Call Center Manager for a major corporation, I know how important the call center reps are to the corporation's bottom line. The call center is the face of the company and they set the bar. I know what great customer service is…You don't even come close. I am so disappointed and outraged that this is how JCPenny treats their customers.
Jcpenney Credit Card
20+ year of JCP credit card, with unlimited credit limit, reduced to 200. Bills always promptly paid, I have OUTSTANDING credit, own my home free and clear. Recently made catalog order, 200.00, of which not all would have been kept. Went to purchase store items...
Nicole

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your accounts. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

- Reference code DM 120911_pcBevvyny

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,