Product: Jcpenney Coupon Clear all filters (31 of 31 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Jcpenney in Newington, Virginia - Worst service

I went for a haircut on May 30. So the lady who did my hair was nice but the receptionist lady was not nice. She has no customer service at all .. So anyway my hair cut was done :: haircut and blow dry was 32$ , 15$ extra for long hair, 25$ for deep conditioning and tips so I paid for all . Guess what I used the coupon and the girl was not happy in the first place. And second their system was not working so it took ever.. After all that I came home and realized that they charged me 280 $for this .. It is redicilous!! This is the worst experience ever
Jcpenney Coupon
Cons
  • Disingenuous employees
Poor customer service

Jcpenney - Coupon Review from Chesapeake, Virginia

3.4
I went to JC Penney's today and got a sew in weave for $150 and some highlights to match the streaks in my hair. Their sign stated that highlights are free with $32 worth of salon services from Mar1-31. No where on there does it state that I am limited to 4 highlights. But when I got ready to pay, I was charged $240. $150 for the weave, $55 for partial highlights, $10 for the use of a flat iron, and $10 for use of curling iron. And my tip to the stylist of $15. The store was closed by the time I made it home to pull up the coupon with all of the fine print online, but I will be making a trip back to the store tomorrow expecting a refund of $55.

Highlights are NEVER that cheap, ANYWHERE! You should've known that. But I'm sure you did if you'd had them done before & you're just trying to work the system.

@Sydney

How would you know? Is it because you work at JCPenney and you went on an insult spree here, insulting everyone who wrote a complaint?! Stop with all the fake names, it makes you seem even more childish.

@Sydney

@Sydney - Judgemental much? You deserve to lose your minimum wage JCPenney job!!!!

View more comments (2)
Pricing issue
LAS CRUCES, NM MESILLA VALLEY MALL LOCATION-Went in this morning at 6:00 a.m for doorbuster deals. Had 2 full big bags full of t-shirts, blouses, PJ's, necklaces, jackets, scarfs, blazer etc… Over $200-$300+ dollars of merchandise. As I was getting ready to pay I asked...

All I got from this post was "WAAAAAAH I DIDNT GET MY WAY I DIDNT GET WHAT I WANTED ON BLACK FRIDAY BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSY ON BLACK FRIDAY AND THEY COULDNT HOLD WHAT I WANTED BAAAAAW!!!!"

View more comments
Jcpenney Coupon
Pros
  • Sub-par
Cons
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Jcpenney - Mixed up customer service!

I ordered something from jcp.com, never got a call. When they finally did call I got the call on Friday. Monday I got a letter and the receipt where they had returned it due to failure to pick up! I called. They found my order and I went to pick it up. I had used a $15 off coupon online. but when they rang it up it was minus the coupon and the cashier wouldnt change it to the price I paid online! So I left. I had been assured I would get it at the price I had purchased it for online. But then they refused to honor that!
Jcpenney Coupon

Jcpenney in Beavercreek, Ohio - Rude cashier and lacking sales info.

I went with my husband and grandma to JCpenney yesterday because we heard they were having a sale spend $25 get $10 off. My grandma went and asked the man working in shoes and said the shoes should be ok for the discount and that we could get the coupon at one of the check-outs. So we found some shoes and went to check out closer to the door we parked at. The woman rang up our shoes and my grandma told me to ask if we needed to pay with the charge card to get the discount and she said no. She gave us our total and it was high so I asked her if she did the discount and she looked at me like I was crazy, then my grandma explained what we were talking about and she leaned over the counter a little and extremely rudely asked "do you have a coupon". My grandma told her what the man at the counter had said and the cashier said "I don't know who told you that but we're not allowed to do that" Then she said" Oh well these aren't eligible for the discount". So we said don't worry about it we'll just pay for them. As we were walking out we saw the cashier storm up to the shoe department and loudly asked "Who's the man working in shoes we have a big problem!" There was just no need for that she could have calmly explained to him that they couldn't do that and not to do it again and her somewhat getting in my grandma's face and being rude with her was very unprofessional. My grandma it a very loyal JCpenney customer she goes there quite often but we will not be returning to the one we went to yesterday. I also found out today a man I work took his girlfriend to a different one yesterday and they did the discount at the counter no problem. I mean getting the discount isn't a big deal but the rudeness and how far the cashier blew something so minor out of proportion was unacceptable.

I used to have customers like you, expecting a discount every time they came to the register and exploding in anger when we didn't have them or if their Clarks were not applicable. Yes, associates are not allowed to have the coupons at the registers. It is the customer's responsibility to bring the coupon.

Another thing to consider....

if the shoes were a "doorbuster" the coupon wouldn't be applied.

Here we go again another five year old writing a complaint without parental permission. How do I know the user is five yeas old, because only a five year old would mistake being told no as rudeness.

You obviously don't know English either because the man DID tell you that you can get a COUPON at the counters. Don't go around saying it was not about not getting the coupon, because as soon as she said no you accused her of being rude. As other people started the coupon does not cover all items. Next time if you manage to get a coupon get an adult to read it over(since your grandmother was there she could do this for you.

Just learn to follow the rules and the world does not revolve around you and things will be easier for you. That is my advice.

Our store won't allow us to give the coupon out either. They are a 1 use coupon.

Coupons also don't work on certain brands of shoes like athletic shoes and clarks. They are listed on the coupon.

Sign up for their mobile alerts and they will text you a link to every coupon as they have them.

Honestly, each store varies. Some stores they will give you the discount at the register and you wont need the coupon.

The location I work at we are not allowed to do so either. Plus the coupons are accessible on the website and you can pull it up on your smartphone.

View more comments (4)

Jcpenney - Coupon Review from Toms River, New Jersey

The supervisor at jcpennys at the toms river ocean county mall NJ, name--Jess with braces,night shift. On 7/7/14. I had a legitatmate question about a coupon. She gave me such an attitude right off the bat. Very offensive and *** That is not how you treat people . Extremely rude, and apparently did not know how, or have the authority to help me with a coupon that did not specify male or women's intimate apparel. I had to call the call center to straighten things out. Luckily Robert was able to help me and was extremely nice and clarified, and understand my concern about sexism intimate apparel.
Jcpenney Coupon

JCPenney did not accept coupon

May 03 by anonymous Just quit giving the $10.00 off $25.00 if you aren't going to let anyone using it.Ridiculous! Went in and spent a good amount of time shopping for some items that were NOT listed as door busters...total came to over $25.00 and they said we couldn't use the coupon. Waste of time. I will head back over to kohl's where they NEVER turn down a coupon...even if I forget my coupon they still let me use it if I tell them. Seems it would make more sense to just accept the coupon as you are losing A LOT of sales by not accepting them. I will cancel my jcpenney credit card and will no longer shop here.I am a busy person and I don't have time to do this.

I would NEVER shop at Kohl's. I've been to 2 local Kohl's stores and they are an utter mess.

I would find a top but couldn't find another one in my size. The associates are no of help either as they can't decipher through the mess.

I once stood in line for 20 minutes. There were 10-12 people ahead of me and only one cashier.

At JCP, it is a rule to call for another cashier if you are by yourself and there are more than 3 people in line.

After that ridiculous experience at Kohl's, I said 'never again.'

As for coupons, I've been told on my face by Kohl employees that I had to bring it in myself. I don't know what this complainer is talking about.

The KOHL's near me is a mess....

I don't care how many coupons they give me, I'd never shop there.

I can never find an available associate to help me.

By the way, I work at JCP. Our coupons always have the same exclusions, as anonymous stated in their reply posted on June 16.

Another thing....the merchandise subtotal must be $25 before you can use the $10 off $25 coupon.

I've seen a lot of eye-rolling over that one.

Read the Fine Print. They don't put on there for you customers to ignore.

The coupon has exclusions: Doorbusters, Big Buys, Nike, Levis, Disney, Clark's, Spanx, Kitchen Electrics, etc.

It's all listed in there if you would just take 30 seconds to read. It's not a long time.

I was with you until you said that Kohl's lets you use your coupon even when you forget it at home, it is obvious you work at Kohls.

View more comments (3)
Jcpenney Coupon
Just quit giving the $10.00 off $25.00 if you aren't going to let anyone using it. Ridiculous! Went in and spent a good amount of time shopping for some jeans and sunglasses that were NOT listed as door busters...total came to over $25.00 and they said we couldn't...

I went to Kohls to shop and will continue to do so after the last trip to Penneys with their so called $10 coupon and $80 worth of merchandise in my hands. I left it all on the counter and found what I needed with my discount at Kohls and the clerk knew how to handle the sale.

The items I was trying to buy in Penneys were NOT doorbusters items but the clerk behind the counter believed they were.

I worked in a store before, but knew how to perform my job. Maybe this is why so many of of buy from other places online instead of department stores and we get free shipping and no hassles.

Jcpenney Coupon
I ordered an electric blanket for my husband for Christmas online in November. It was to be sent to the North Riverside store and I was going to pick it up. I never received any notice to pick it up, so I called. I was to wait. I received an email that it was going...

I will not buy JCP gift card anymore! They supposed to refund me a check in the mail and after calling them 5 times in the last 3 months.

I still haven't received my freaking check. The people you talk to on the phone is useless.

Loss

Jcpenney in Citrus Heights, California - False advertisement

I went to JCP with a "$10 off every $25 or more you spend" coupon. My total came to $156.00 and I paid in full. When I left the store, I realized that the cashier did not give me the coupon price. I went back later that day and explained to the same cashier that I only received $10 off my total when the coupon advertised differently. She proceeded to tell me that it was for "one transaction only". So I said I wanted to return everything and I would separate the items to ring everything at $25 per purchase so that I could enjoy my savings the way it was advertised. The cashier proceeded to tell me that it was only for one transaction and that I couldn't do that. So I told her that it was false advertisement then because NO WHERE on the coupon did it say that it was for "one transaction only" nor did it say that I couldn't keep reusing the coupon so technically I should have been able to do so. She told me no again and said "well, you DID get $10 off the total!". I told her I wanted to return the entire thing and she was very surprised then quickly returned the items and shoved the money into my hands. This particular cashier was very rude as was the other cashier working with her. The other cashier was with a man and woman that was trying to get his wife on his card, they barely helped him when he said the number on the back of the card wasn't JCP and asked if there was another way to get her on his card. Then my cashier said to the other, "If he is tying to get his wife on his card right now to use another coupon, HE CAN'T!" I took my money and left. JCP has lost a life long customer. The company has gone down hill so much over the past few years with quality in their products and the people they hire.

$10 off A purchase of $25 OR MORE. That just means you need to spend $25 to qualify for it.

It also states one per customer along with the rest of the exclusions. Where the *** does it say that the coupon can be scanned 6 times?

I know which coupon you are talking about, and it was $10 off $25 or more, NOT $10 off every $25.

If the wording on the coupon said "Good for ONE time use only", I would have made sure the customer received their $10 off and apologized for my error.

Also, if the coupon was for one use only, it would not be possible to separate the order into individual $25 purchases, because the coupon can only be used once.

In our store, we did have customers come in with that exact wording. (One-time use only.)

Customers need to read the fine print--some do....other customers don't. We had one in the store the other day that was ticked off because he couldn't use the coupon on his purchase of 2 pairs of Levi's jeans. The coupon said that "certain exclusions apply", and listed the exclusions clearly. Levi's was one of the exclusions.....he was still pissed.........Read the coupon and don't be angry with the cashier. We don't make the rules...we just work here.

I do feel badly for the customers who have had rude cashiers. Not all of us are rude.

The coupon was for $10 off $25 OR MORE purchase, NOT every $25 smh. This is why most of the time our stores do not provide the coupons in store by the registers anymore because people like you want to abuse it. That's why they are making a lot of ONE TIME use coupons now more than ever before.

Though I appreciate both comments, I have to say, a friend of mine went to the same store with her sister the day before and a salesperson was standing at the door handing out the same coupons. She gave my friend and her sister dozens of coupons in which they went and did the same thing I was trying to do. My friend and her sister only used one coupon each over and over at the same time/same register/same cashier, as they had separated the items.

I also know for a fact that other major retailers such as Macys and Kohls will give the customer the best deal possible and I have even had salespeople say that if they ring items up separately, it will give the best discount.

To answer your question Sessa, yes, I have had coupons to Macys and Kohls and the salespeople have given back the coupons without me even asking for it back so that I can continue to use it (I cannot say that about grocery coupons, but wouldn't that be comparing apples to oranges? No pun intended). And yes, I actually do use coupons QUITE often and have never had any problems with the other retailers that I have mentioned.

The only thing this particular coupon indicated was that there were certain items that would not qualify for the discount, which I clearly understand. I actually purchased one of the name brands that was listed and I didn't have a problem with that not being discounted. I returned all the items to make a point about the coupon in addition to the very poor attitude the salesperson had with me and the family at the next register.

The point is, the coupon did not specify it was for ONE transaction only. I also stated in the previous comment, that I was not the only person in line "misunderstanding" the coupon because another family was trying to do the same thing.

I'm sure if my friend and her sister (in which both had shown me their receipts after I told them the experience I had) had their coupons honored the way they did, then others probably did too. Why honor it for a few people and not for others? The combination of the coupon situation along with the way I (and the other family) was treated by this salesperson, definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. There is no reason whatsoever to shove refund money back into someone's hand or be rude to the customers no matter how you are feeling about a situation.

sessa

Unlike the other comment I don't see AT ALL how this would be an easy mistake to make, it's actually quite ridiculous. I won't even go into the details of the coupon, but your expectations are ludicrous and you must not use coupons often.

When you use one at the grocery store do you then ask for it back so you can use it again? :roll :roll

i think you have a misunderstanding of the wording.tho i can see where that would be easy to do.but surly they cant brake all sells down to 25 bucks and reward 10 bucks from that they would be in the poor house.if im thinking right that would come out to 40% off of every $100.00 spent other stores would buy them out in a day.

View more comments (6)