Gadsden, Alabama
1.2K views 32 comments

If this is the bank that handles JCPenney's credit card services, I am very aggravated over the increase in the interest rate of this card.It was already ridiculously high and now it is being jacked up even higher which I feel is exemplifying greed and a lack of concern for the users who are already facing difficult enough times with this economy.

Related: Jcpenney - JC Penneys/GE Money Credit card

I personally will not be using my card any more unless I can pay off the balance the next month.

I also will be advising people to not apply for a JCPenney card or to use theirs if they already have one and I have been an employee of JCPenney who had to encourage people to apply for cards.Shame on you!!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Jcpenney Credit Card
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

Aledo, Texas, United States #1258230

JC Penny's has become the worst department store account to have.It has the highest interest rate of all I use.

Their days are numbered and will soon go the way of others.Good riddins.

Stockton, California, United States #1249881

Jcpennys you suck

Stockton, California, United States #1249880

I also asked for lower interest rate..It's no their answer is no...So my answer is kiss me goodbye..because..cutting up this card...definitely paying it off. Maybe try the plan of paying off then buying with card..Running to customer service..making payment in the amount charged..and getting the rewards with no interest..it's a tricky game but going to try..just you suck

Stockton, California, United States #1249876

I 100 percent agree..When I make 32 dollar payment..22.95 went straight to interest..that is ridiculous I Am going to pay off and cut up card

Sarah
Greenville, Michigan, United States #956708

I have a credit card with them and I have for years.They have always charged me like 30-40 a month in interest.

I always pay 100 or more, way over the minimum payment required, and I have never been late. Now, they have raised it to 70 a month!!! That's only 30 a month being credited to my account out of the 100 payment! my credit card has a high balance on it, but having a baby can be expensive at times.

I asked them to lower the interest rates, and I never have before and all they said is that they could not lower the interest rates. This is BS! How am I suppose to pay off the *** card if 3/4's of my payment is now just for the interest? This is pure greed and I will be canceling my card, and I've had the *** thing for years!

Don't get a card from them.They will *** in the end.

Diana

Long time customer, it is a joke the credit card raises, I only owe $40 dollars and I PAID $25.00 MINIMUN REQUIRED NO EVEn IN MY BIGGEST CREDIT CARDS THAT I OWE CHART ME THAT. I'LL SAY DONT BUY THERE ANYMORE, THIS STORE SUCKS WE DO NOT NEED THIS IN THIS POOR ECONOMY COMMON SERIOUS? :upset :( :cry

Tee Thompson

I just paid off a near $900 balance with JC Penny last week. I am so relieved.

Christine

I too am a long time customer of J.C.Penney.

I have not used my card or shopped there since the interest rates went up. In a way I feel they did me a favor.

Now I will pay it off.I have talked to other people that feel the same way.

Mike

I have a JC Penney card also. I do agree the interest rate is high. In fact it is as high as most other department stores.

I do have a solution, however. Only buy what you can pay for at the time.

I charge on it all of the time so I can earn the Reward dollars then make sure I pay it off befor the due date. In fact, I often pay for my charged purchase immediately after purchasing at the register. This is something several of their clerks have suggested in order to not pay finance charges.

Don't blame Penney, or the bank for that matter, blame yourself.

Dojonomo

Instead of using your credit cards to buy what you "want", Buy only what "need" with cash.

Act your wage people, if you can't pay with cash don't get it, period.

The top one percent of the country loves you, because you continue to complain about the rates, instead of making responsible financial decisions.

I hope this impacts at least one reader;).