Amarillo, Texas
1.7K views

Recently I went to the local JCPenney store to purchase several pair of pantyhose. I have been wearing these hose from JCPenney for over 17 years.

To my surprise, they no longer carry the East 5th panthose. Unfortunately because of the summer I was not aware of the changes since I hadn't made any purchase since the spring. Also some of my pants were needing to be replaced and the clerk tells me that they have closed out the East 5th pants. I can't even get the website to work so that I can look online under clearance.

WHY??

The new CEO wants some changes. IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Website.

Comments

I agree. East 5th pumps are the most comfortable shoes i have ever worn.

I have the mid-heel sling back, a t-strap pump that I have practically worn out and now I can't find East 5th any where.

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE????? DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE!!!!

Boo to J. C.

Penney ~~ the Panty hose were my major purchases ... now I do not need to enter through the doors of J.

C. Penney.

I agree. PLEASE bring these pantyhose back.

Ron Johnson was the CEO that started JCP on the down slide. His comment that they were not going to cater to "dumpy housewives" any more was sure to endear him to our dumpy little hearts.

He cut many of the brands that we all know and love, re-arranged the stores into those agravating "shops" and presented clothes for teenagers who don't wear anything above a size 4. I wonder if Mr. Johnson ever wondered where those teens got their money? Maybe from their dumpy moms?

JCP now has a new CEO and it is better, but I fear many of the brands are gone for good and it may be too little too late. I've heard predictions that JCP will ba gone for good by the end of 2014.

@former shopper

Just to add that if JCP goes under by the end of this year, they can thank Johnson for that one. I used to shop there all the time but since they took away all the brands that were well made and worth the money, I haven't set foot in their stores. I hope that, when Ron Johnson gets to be an older man, the brands he likes so well will go by the wayside because some young ceo decides not to cater to the old geezers.

JCP, Please bring back the East 5th Pant line. I just love them.

They are a perfect fit and flatter every body type. Please, Please, Please, bring back the East 5th Line.

I USED TO DO ALL MY SHOPPING AT PENNEY'S NO LONGER. I LOVED EAST5TH PUMP HEEL SHOES WHICH YOU NO LONGER CARRY.

I USED TO GET ALL MY SPORT CLOTHES AND DRESS CLOTHES NO LONGER EVEN WITH YOUR NEW COUPONS. YOU DON'T CARRY THE SAME BRANDS ANY LONGER AND THE NEW ONES ARE TERRIBLE.

EVEN YOU BATH RUGS ARE CHEPLY MADE. SORRY I WAS A CUSTOMER FOR OVER 30 YEARS NO MORE.

When JCPenney brought a f ag like Ellen Degenerate to help them advertise that did not help them at all! JCPenney is about family not f agots! :roll

Hey you @retailworld: You are a real piece of work. First of all, not every one commenting here said they haven't been to JCP in 2 years.

Most of us "used" to shop there regularly until you stopped carrying those East 5th pants for example. I always bought those. Secondly, as an employee, don't be so arrogant. People like you p*ss people off of a store.

JCP doesn't need *** like you that is shooting his/her mouth off without trying to understand customer's complaints. The best you can do for JCP is quit and YOU SHOULD GO GET A JOB IN WALMART WHERE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS! YOU WOULD RIGHT IN THERE!

@anonymous claiming to be a JCP employee: YOu said complain to customer service and don't shoot the messenger etc. No one would've been pi**ed of at @retailworld if he/she hadn't insulted customers.

In fact, it's that person that didn't get the point customers were making about JCP choices. In other words, we consumers ARE IN FACT DOING WHAT YOU SO SMARTLY SUGGESTED i.e. RAISE OUR CONCERNS WITH JCP HOPING THEY WILL LISTEN TO US.

So stop being a smart *** and supporting that other ***. Honestly, if either one of you is truly a JCP employee, you should be fired for your attitude towards paying customers!

I already complained about this on JCP site. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF WOMEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS DUMB DECISION TO STOP CARRYING THESE PANTS.

What does it take for JCP to get the message????

You just lost a loyal customer JUST BECAUSE OF THIS DUMB DECISION! If you want us back, start carrying these wonderful pants again!

Please bring back East 5th Pants! How many of us have to complain before someone listens?

I don't really care if it is JC Penney or any other store. Just bring them back!

I'm also disappointed about JCP not selling East 5th pants. I was shocked to see how many other people feel the same way.

I would love to know where I can go to buy them.

Worthington brand does not fit me correctly (I'm a curvy person who likes her pants to sit at her normal waist), so after years of buying my pants at JCP, they have lost a customer. :(

The East 5th pants were the only one that fit. Why did you get rid of them? Bring them back!

I am shocked to learn that JC Penny no longer sells East Fifth Secretly Slender pants. They were the only pants that I bought, even though they were available in limited colors.

Now my current pants are worn out and I have no place to get them replaced (I have a pair in every color that was available).

I think it is a big mistake for JC Penny not to sell this brand of clothing............I wish I had gotten two pair of each color when I purchased them originally. PLEASE GET EAST FIFTH BACK IN YOUR STORE!!!!!

East 5th pants were the only ones that really fit me well and I was also disappointed that JCPenney no longer carried them. With the new CEO, I hope they bring the brand back.

jc penney is going down. I used to shop there for all my family's clothing needs.

They have changed for the worse. Some items are only available online which creates problems since you cannot try them on before you purchase.

The last 5 purchases I made in the store and online I've returned. I have started shopping at Kohl's and I am satisfied overall.

I am amazed. You people write and say, "I haven't been in your store in 2 years and now I need bras or pants or underwear," --- the men want the kind with the pouch in front---how ancient is that?

Well, if you've not been into the store in two years or 11 months or whatever....maybe other people didn't come in and buy that brand either very often..... I know that concept actually requires you actually THINK but try.

THAT'S the big picture you nimrods DON'T get. That ugly *** didn't sell. Pinch pleats...who the heck buys a pinch pleat drape anymore? We had a warehouse FULL and sold one a set a month. A month!! Now we get chewed out because some 101 year old woman wants pinch pleats. Really? Go online to old-people-like-pinch-pleats.com.

So, we've raised all our prices and were going to have coupons for you --- can you figure out your about to get screwed...and you did it to yourself *** You'd have been so much better off with the old pricing method BUT you want it and we are going to take your money. You betcha!!!

Either shop and shut up or go to Wal Mart or Target where most of you belong anyway....THEY have your price point and your the quality you deserve waiting for you.

@Retail world is amazing

@ Retail world is amazing

Who are you to criticize people's fashion choices and make such ugly remarks. If that's how you want it, then I'm going to treat you exactly as you are treating others.

You are an absolutely disgusting human being. My hope is that your pathetic, uneducated and ignorant attitude gets you fired. Then you can whine and cry all you want about how it's so unfair that you were fired, and constantly question why it happened while you beg for scraps in the unemployment line. Regardless of your position in the organization, you're in the retail market space for Christ's sake. You hardly contribute ANYTHING to this planet. A *** monkey could do your job, you little *** Do the world a favor... Buy a gun, remove yourself from the gene pool and make this world a better place.

Signed,

You're a *** moronic little ***

@Retail world is amazing

I agree with you retail world. I too work for JcPenney and the consumers just dont get it they're so *** because they really think they're "saving" lol.

I didn't like all of the changes but i thought alot of the prices were fair.

I too like coupons but having one every week wasn't doing the company that much good as far as profits. I think sales and coupons are ok though every now and then just not in an abusive way which it was most consumers seem to want to do split up every single $25 transaction they have to get $10 off.

@Anon

To the JCP employees: Take a look at your dumpy fitting rooms. It is obvious your CEO is stupider than dirt when he continues to ignore the repairs to the wallpaper and fun zone mirrors in the fitting rooms.

They are dumpy and that is generous. Target and WalMart kick your butt in better fitting rooms. Kohl's is better too. And whoever your buyers are, they should be fired right after your CEO.

Don't you ever wonder why you have so many racks of unsold clothes?

Because they buy *** styles. Penny's will shut their doors soon if they don't fix the mess they have made of a national retail treasure.