State: Illinois Product: Jcpenney Credit Card Clear all filters (2 of 77 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN I HAVE BEEN CHARGED A LATE FEE OF $35.00 FOR PAYING MY BILL BEFORE TIME TWICE I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE WITH THIS COMPANY AND I DON'T LIKE THIS I WAS A LOYAL CUSTOMER BUT I CLOSED MY ACCOUNT ON SUNDAY 11/08/2015 FOR THIS ACTION I CAN'T PAY FRO...
Review
Product
Jcpenney Credit Card
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Jcpenney in Carterville, Illinois - Loyal customer of JCP for over 40 years has credit priviledges revoked

I have been a loyal JCP customer for over 40 years and have always made my payments on time and always paid over the minimum amount. In the past two years, I have had two $25 penalty fees because my check had to be run through my bank again. Each time, the payment was collected. In June, I made a payment of $62.42 and currently have no balance due. This week I received a letter from GCRB, the bank that owns the account, informing me that they have closed my account due to a NUMBER of dishonored payments. I was sure that a mistake had been made, so I called GCRB and was told that this is their policy. I mentioned that with the trouble that JCP has had with their sales and their attempt to find someone to turn their company around, they surely shouldn't be treating their loyal customers this way. I was told that this was just a rumor, but I assured the customer service representative who said this that I have read about it several times in the newspaper. I am so upset by being treated so harshly. I assume that JCP no longer wants my business, which is a good thing because this is one former gold card member who will never spend another dime in a JCP store!

I had the same thing happen to me! I am a loyal Jcpenney silver card member who has never missed one single payment.

However when I called customer service (after coming out of shock that my account had been closed) Nelly said "I'm sorry there is nothing I can do". I asked her could I please talk to a regional manager or get a phone number for him. She told me you are talking to a manager. She said all I can do is give you an address so you can write with your complaint.

I was devastated! Surely someone cares about thing like this. I told Nelly that there was a problem with the way Jcpenney processes payments because they ask you to schedule your payment and you do that however the payment then takes days to draft and since none of my other credit card or other accounts do this (they draft immediately) when my 18 year old comes to me to use the bank card for things she needs, she thinks the balance is accurate and uses accordingly.

To close a loyal customer account for this is OUTRAGEOUS! Jcpenney needs it loyal customers to succeed.

Yes I had the samething happen to me!! They terminated my account because the payment had to be ran through my bank also.

There wasn't even 24 hours between payments! I also had this happen only 1 time.

they are A--H---S!

Jonerik

So you admit that GCRB owns the account, and that they would do nothing for you, yet somehow you still blame JCPenny who have no say in the closing of that account whatsoever. OK.

@Jonerik

JCP is responsible for hiring GCRB to handle their credit card customers. I have contacted Myron Ullman and asked for his help but had no response.

I am open to suggestions as to how to get my gold card priviledges restored. Bring them on!

View more comments (3)