Westport, Massachusetts

JC Penny's managers made their schedule for 2 weeks at a time. When I asked them (3 times) what my hours were for the week of Christmas, management continuously told me that they were still working on the schedule.

The last time I asked; I told them that if they plan on laying me off, that's fine, just tell me the truth. They said they were still working on the schedule. I knew they were lying because everyone else in the store was given hours for that week. After my work week ended, I called and asked for management to contact me and let me know what was going on.

They never did get a call and was never put back on the schedule. This situation was disrespectful, unreasonable and irresponsible on the part of management.

Then, when I called the corporate office to tell them to mail my check to me; they mailed me 4 checks of pay I had never recieved through direct deposit. Management had my money all this time and never gave it to me for weeks. When corporate mailed me the checks, I deposited all figuring this is money they owed me.

Two days later, after I made bill payments of my own, they stopped payment on one of the checks ($140.) which caused my account to overdraw by $95 because of bills that I had paid. When I called to straighten it out with JC Penny Corporate office, their response was that I deposited the check so it was my fault. I told them that they were responsible because they issued the check.

Till this day, it has not been resolved and cost me $235. in overdraft fees and bills that did not get paid.

This was the worst employment situation that I have ever encountered and JC Penny owes me for this unjustified retribution.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Account.

Reason of review: Misuse of management's position.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Jcpenney Cons: Worst experience, Misuse of power by management, Bad corporate ideals, Immoral judgements.

• Corporate Rip Off
  • Bad Practices

Comments

Agreed my advise DO NOT apply at jcp they will stab you in the back the first time you turn around...and the management HAPPY what can I say probably nothing that's legal on this website

This issue has never been resolved. Worse place to work for.