I have always ordered my drapery hardware from JC Penny but, with customer service and the shopshod way that they package outsourced items items from other companies. I won’t anymore.

I ordered hardware, received the box, but I didn’t open the boxes. My mistake and I have learned from it! I hired a handyman at $89 an hour. When we opened the box, no brackets to hang them.

I called JC Penny customer service and they told me that they would contact the company and send out the brackets. I have settled in over ten homes so, we found some brackets in the meantime. Well, he put them up only to realize that there were no end finials. Called JC Penny back.

First I was forwarded to another number, it was the “blind” company and she proceeded to give me the number I just called. I asked her to forward me she said she couldn’t. I called back again and told the story and she disconnected me. Called back again and got a very rude “customer service representative”.

I’m not putting up with that so I asked to speak to a supervisor. Lady came on and proceeded to tell me that JCP no longer sends out missing parts. The first rep lied to me. Then this supervisor said I needed to take all of the rods down, drive them to the nearest JC Penny (I ordered online), and get credit.

At $89 an hour, that was not going to happen. Forget JC Penny!

I will not go to them the next time I need drapery hardware. Customer service has become even more ***

Comments