Elyria, Ohio
1.8

I ordered some jeans on-line and clicked submit. Upon review, I realized I made an error, so I called customer service.

I was on hold for 14 minutes. I was told I could only cancel the order in the 1st 10 minutes. I was on hold for 14! No concern, just a condescending rep.

I asked if I could escalate the call, and was told you can vent, but nothings going to be fixed. I have never been so angry at a company in my life. I have never heard of refusing to cancel an item after an order had just been placed. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I used to love this company, but I will never shop their again.

I felt so under-valued and misinformed. I felt like a fool.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Jeans.

Jcpenney Cons: Rude employees.

Comments

Yes, after the system processes the order you have to wait to receive your items then return it. The item you ordered is immediately tagged to be shipped and hits all warehouses until order is fulfilled.

So cancellations will not stop it from shipping even if you just ordered it. The ordering system is some what cumbersome, even if they were to credit your card once the item ships you may be charged again..because the system will automatically tagged it not paid, when really it's a cancelled and the system isn't programed to identify cancelled items. A person has to physically scan and return the item back to warehouse as a return.

This is what I was told when I attempted to make a cancellation. Who knows...better to receive then return what you don't want, versus risking being charged accidentally on your card or something else strange happening.

System processed the order cannot be cancelled after that happens, the rep was telling you the truth.