Jcpenney - Higher Prices with lower prices still on the tags

When shopping with my family last weekend my father picked up a pair of pants at JC Penney there were 2 prices on the price tag.The sticker said $30 but the tab at the bottom said $22.

All the other pants on the rack had the lower tab with the $22 cut off. Out of curiosity I took it up to the register and was told they were $30 and wasn't sure if they could honor the lower price. It was more than just that pair of pants a bathing suit I was looking at for my daughter had a $20 sticker on it and if you pull back the sticker the price on the tag was $15 and another pair of pants were marked $35 and if you pulled back that sticker the price on the tag was $22...That is a HUGE mark up!!

I will never shop at JC Penney again!!I hope this comment helps other unsuspecting shoppers of JC Penney!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 9 No 9
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 18, 2013 #639283 Indianapolis, Indiana

THE ONE AND ONLY REASON YOU SEE THIS IS BECAUSE *** CONSUMERS LIKE YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT EVERYDAY MEANS....if everyone would stop complaining about the fact that JCP doesn't have sales they wouldn't have marked the stuff back up. JCP HAD to mark the stuff back up so that you can get a coupon and put the stuff on sale...seeing the two different prices makes you wish you would have just shut the *** up and took the everyday price

3 0 Reply

Apr 17, 2013 #638593 Orlando, Florida

You know why they got marked up? I will tell you why. Because the consumers want their precious coupons and sales back so that's why they are now jacked up. They had us doing this all last week remarking the prices and in the meeting stated we were going up in prices. This is the price you pay for not wanting the everyday low price concept.

3 0 Reply

Apr 17, 2013 #638571 Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I don't suppose your "enquiring mind" ever stopped to think that maybe the lower price had been a sale price and when the sale ended they were remarked. I have never pulled stickers off in a store to see if there was a lower price under the sticker. Talk about "cheap" people.

2 0 Reply
Retail Workers Are Losers!

May 06, 2013 #646598

Oh look the retail idiots are back. Go back to chatting and doing nothing in your sad little worthless lives. You'll be unemployed soon anyway.

0 4 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jcpenney. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Jcpenney.
Filing a new complaint about