2.2
Ease of Use

I placed an order mid0Feb for an early March birthday present.When the order hadn't arrived within 2 weeks I went searching for the status and found that it had been cancelled.

Inexplicably cancelled. I placed a second order on March 2, got confirmation that the order would arrive in the store in 4-7 business days and apologized to my husband for the late arrival of his birthday gift. Today, 9 business days later I've checked status and it still shows as in process/shipped. I called customer service to inquire and was told it would take 4-7 business days from the time the order was shipped and in this case, the product didn't ship for 7 business days after the order was placed.

She tried to explain that they "had to find the item in the warehouse". This is ridiculous. I order regularly from DSW, Macy's and Nordstrom and have never experienced delays (or service like this). In the world of Amazon Prime's 2 day shipping and stellar service, it's not wonder major retailers are closing their doors.

time to step up your game or get out!

JC Penney, once is an incident, twice is a trend.You've lost this customer for good!

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: I have done business with jcpenney for decades, Days past when jc penney had a focus on customer service.

I didn't like: Unreliability of online ordering system.

Comments

I work for Macy's as well as Jcpenny (I know, I'm brave!) & I can assure you Macy's does the same thing all the time. A lot of our items are placed on backorder & take a while to ship. The tracking info sent to your e-mail should show you the exact details.