State: Georgia Product: Jcpenney Cashier Clear all filters (2 of 30 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Jcpenney - Cashier Review from Mcdonough, Georgia

3.4
i made a large purchase of clothing in the mcdonough ga store on sunday today i decided to wear one of those items when i took it out of the closet i noticed the security button had not been removed, I returned to the store tonight to have it taken off but did not take my receipt with me, the same cashier that checked me out n Sunday was at the counter and treated me like I was a theif!! the manager Gwyn was no better I told her I did not have the receipt so she proceeded to take the bag from me and look inside as if she did not believe me, I have spent alot of money in this store but now I will think twice about going into this store again.I understand that there are people that would take items without paying for them, the issue is how it was addressed, not appreciated.
Review
Service
Jcpenney Cashier
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Jcpenney in Lookout Mountain, Georgia - Don't Give Out Bags At JcPenny

1st I purchase an item at JcPenny in winston-salem (Hanes mall) for Christmas. Found out a alarm tag, they were suppose to *** was still on. 2nd. Went to the store enter the girl dept entrance and went to the cash register , told the nice young lady what happen and she took it off. The item I brought in was in a Torn JcPenny box.So I asked the nice young lady for a bag to put it in, Im going to more shoppin ,I don't want to carry this box and a nasty cashier told the nice cashier "WE DON'T GIVE OUT BAGS!"I told the nasty cashier that I brought this here and that I have a receipt . Still " WE DON'T GIVE OUT BAGS!"The young nice cashier apolize for not being able to give me a bag to carry my clothes in. PLEASE MAKE SOME SENSE OUT OF THIS JCPENNY.

Actually, they probably have a very similar policy to most other retail stores. We are not allowed to give out bags, because often when we do that person goes right around and uses it to put unpaid merchandise in it. LP departments watch for that sort of thing - and sure, you might get indignant and say you aren't a thief, but you're looking at one of many corporations that treat their workers like thieves that only incidentally haven't been caught yet.

Still, I think she should have been able to swing something since you already had a paid-for purchase. Perhaps 'nasty cashier' was just a little strict on the rules while trying to do her job (or trying to keep 'nice cashier' with a secure job), or maybe JCP's loss prevention policies are a bit harder than my company's. Either way, I personally guarantee you that 'nasty cashier' wasn't opening her mouth with the express purpose of ruining your day, even if she said something she knew you weren't going to like. It's a hard thing to do, for many reasons - the least of them being that she gets stuck with the designation of 'nasty' for doing her job. Retail employees are treated like dirt half the time even when they manage not to say anything that offends the consumer's delicate sensibilities regarding the mistaken notion that 'the customer is always right' even when immutable store policy says he is most certainly wrong. No one in their right mind willing sets out for confrontation with the customer, because more often than not that leads to the cashier getting into a load of trouble (customer complaints, customer service surveys etc) even when they are following something the corporation demanded of them earlier in the day.

I'm sorry you had such an unsatisfactory experience, but I can't help but feel a bit bad for the cashiers, stuck as they are between a rock and a very, very hard place.

Review