Jcpenney - False advertising

I picked out a Liz Claiborne sweater from JCPenney in the Missi department.The signs for the sweater showed that the sweater cost $19.99.

I went to the register to purchase my items and the lady at the register said that the shirt was actually $27.99. I show the lady the sign that said that the sweater was $19.99. The lady answered us by saying that the new employees miss placed the items or the Christmas shoppers missed placed it. However, there were three or four of the same shirts hanging on that rack.

After our conversation the lady refused to except that the price was $19.99.

She said that she is not going to honor the price and said she will not give it to us for $19.99 this is the reason why were an unsatisfied customer at JCPenney.It is a shame that the employees are not honoring the sign that are from the JCPenney corporation

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Layout of Store

• What I liked
    • Product
  • What I disliked
    • Rude employees
    • Untrained staff and deceptive reps

Reason of review:
Liz Claiborne Sweater
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #754962

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Jcpenney? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 22, 2015 #1082245

If something is misplaced by customers you do not deserve to benefit for it. Good thing you did not get it for the price otherwise you would have been charged with fraud. I think not saving $8 is better than spending Christmas in jail for fraud.

3 0 Reply

Jan 02 #1087467

Especially when ypu the customer probably moved sign and then took picture for effect for your web post.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jcpenney. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Jcpenney.
Filing a new complaint about