Glendale, California

I picked out a Liz Claiborne sweater from JCPenney in the Missi department.The signs for the sweater showed that the sweater cost $19.99.

I went to the register to purchase my items and the lady at the register said that the shirt was actually $27.99. I show the lady the sign that said that the sweater was $19.99. The lady answered us by saying that the new employees miss placed the items or the Christmas shoppers missed placed it. However, there were three or four of the same shirts hanging on that rack.

After our conversation the lady refused to except that the price was $19.99.

She said that she is not going to honor the price and said she will not give it to us for $19.99 this is the reason why were an unsatisfied customer at JCPenney.It is a shame that the employees are not honoring the sign that are from the JCPenney corporation

Review about: Liz Claiborne Sweater.

I liked: Product.

I didn't like: Rude employees, Untrained staff and deceptive reps.

3.8
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

Jocelyn

Welcome to the world of retail!We do not HAVE to do anything to honor you or anyone!

We just listen to our managers which is what we get PAID to do!Dept stores are NOT flea markets people where you can barter for items!

If something is misplaced by customers you do not deserve to benefit for it. Good thing you did not get it for the price otherwise you would have been charged with fraud. I think not saving $8 is better than spending Christmas in jail for fraud.

to Anonymous #1087467

Especially when ypu the customer probably moved sign and then took picture for effect for your web post.

Jocelyn
to Anonymous #1327131

SO true! Customer's (I use this term loosely) remove clearance stickers ALL the time on clothing & put it on what they're "buying". That is theft, but somehow they think they're entitled to do this!!!