My father passed away last year, months before he passed he special ordered some blinds.The expected delivery date was within 30 days of purchase.

He used the JC Penney credit card for the transaction. He waited and did not get the order, he called the company and he claimed they gave him the run around. After he passed, I called Penneys and asked them to cancel the order or send me the merchandise. The customer service rep was not at all interested in resolving the issue, they were however, very interested in receiving payment for blinds that were not received.

I told them I wanted to know where the blinds were and would not make any payment until I got them. I was transferred to another rep and told they would look in to the matter and get back to me in 5 business days. I never heard from them. My mother (who had been divorced from my father for over 20 yrs) then began getting phone calls from a debt collection agency specializing in claims from deceased people.

This all happened a year ago. I paid the bill to stop the phone calls and settle his estate. I still havent received the merchandise.

Almost $900 for window treatments that werent received.Shame on JC Penney and their shady business practices!

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

Omaha, Nebraska, United States #637689

JCPenny once had a really good Decorating Department. The one were a lady came out and looked at my home, had fabric and idea books for me to brouse and get ideas. Measurements were taken, items ordered and then they were installed. Then, the company changed to getting the measurements done and I could go into the store and order the items that they have at the store., items shipped to my home and then the installer came out to install. Problem: No personal care, no ease of purchase: comming to my home on my schedule.

items ordered and then installed., one price that I agree on.

Now, pick out items from the items at the store, deliver to my home and pay the install twice to measure and install the stuff. The install was dirty, breath smelled and was not at all helpful. When I called the Omaha Store about the items,

to schedule measure and install the woman acted as if I were doing her a favor and was very snooty. Said she would call me back and that took her two days to resolve my problem.