No notice from JC Penney that they intended to close my 29 year old account.Found out from a Credit Karma email that JC Penney closed it without giving me any notice what so ever.

Credit Karma reason: not active enough. Yes, I pay cash a lot. So Penney's punishes you for actually paying with cash!

Emailed JC Penney customer service: after submitting, the blurb says sorry this page is unavailabke, try emailing another time.

Telephoned JC Penney customer service: Can't access my account, claiming my phone and address do not match records. I have been in this same home since 1991, gotten JP Penney bills here, but they claim it's not my address of record.

I asked how have I made payments all these years if I wasn't receiving my bills at my home? No answer other than I need to go to a physical store with photo ID so tnhey can try to find my account records.

The worst customer service after almost 30 years of shopping JC Penney.Not to mention their action of closing my account dropped my credit score from 800 to 770!

Reason of review: closed credit card for "inactive" no notification given!.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service cannot access records after 29 years.