Manchester, New Hampshire

On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney.I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of Nov 2nd and that my credit card was charged for $79.99.

I tracked the order all week and it had a expected delivery date of Nov 7th which was Saturday. I saw that it was delivered and rushed to my mailbox to get the package at 10:30 in the morning. In my mailbox was a large gray envelope which JC Penney uses to mail out items such as clothing. I was looking at the envelope and then thinking there is NO DRESS inside this envelope.

I felt some paperwork in it and opened the envelope thinking that maybe my dress that I ordered was on backorder. Inside was a packing list and Invoice Dated Nov 2nd. It also stated at the bottom of the invoice that $79.99 was charged to my account. How the *** can they charge your credit card without sending you the merchandise.

I was livid and dumbfounded. I immediately called customer service trying to stay as calm as I could without screaming at them. It's not their fault it's the warehouse and the billing department who don't know what the *** they are doing. I explained to customer service trying to stay calm that I received a order with only the packing slip and invoice inside a envelope with NO DRESS.

I asked them how can they charge my credit card when I didn't receive any merchandise. She asked me if the envelope was opened I SAID NO IT WAS SEALED. I'm sure my mailman did not remove the dress from the package and reseal it. I was told my her that they would credit back my card for the $79.99 and that I would have reorder it again.

I told I did not want to be charge twice for this dress. I asked her how long would it take for me to receive my credit back to my card. She said 5 to 7 days. Again I was seeing RED in front of my eyes and trying not to scream at her.

As a consumer I believe that JC Penney is doing illegal transactions charging people's cards without customers receiving any merchandise. I saw several other people complaining about this same issue on another consumer's website. JC Penney better wake up before the Attorney General's Office steps in.

I will be making a complaint to the better business bureau in my state.JC Penney had no right charging my credit card without shipping out the merchandize.

Review about: Jcpenney Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

Just clicked on link in confirmation email from JCPenney to confirm the status of my order. I logged in and was shocked to see that they have listed my order status as "Cancelled". NOT GOOD!