On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney.I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of Nov 2nd and that my credit card was charged for $79.99.
I tracked the order all week and it had a expected delivery date of Nov 7th which was Saturday. I saw that it was delivered and rushed to my mailbox to get the package at 10:30 in the morning. In my mailbox was a large gray envelope which JC Penney uses to mail out items such as clothing. I was looking at the envelope and then thinking there is NO DRESS inside this envelope.
I felt some paperwork in it and opened the envelope thinking that maybe my dress that I ordered was on backorder. Inside was a packing list and Invoice Dated Nov 2nd. It also stated at the bottom of the invoice that $79.99 was charged to my account. How the *** can they charge your credit card without sending you the merchandise.
I was livid and dumbfounded. I immediately called customer service trying to stay as calm as I could without screaming at them. It's not their fault it's the warehouse and the billing department who don't know what the *** they are doing. I explained to customer service trying to stay calm that I received a order with only the packing slip and invoice inside a envelope with NO DRESS.
I asked them how can they charge my credit card when I didn't receive any merchandise. She asked me if the envelope was opened I SAID NO IT WAS SEALED. I'm sure my mailman did not remove the dress from the package and reseal it. I was told my her that they would credit back my card for the $79.99 and that I would have reorder it again.
I told I did not want to be charge twice for this dress. I asked her how long would it take for me to receive my credit back to my card. She said 5 to 7 days. Again I was seeing RED in front of my eyes and trying not to scream at her.
As a consumer I believe that JC Penney is doing illegal transactions charging people's cards without customers receiving any merchandise. I saw several other people complaining about this same issue on another consumer's website. JC Penney better wake up before the Attorney General's Office steps in.
I will be making a complaint to the better business bureau in my state.JC Penney had no right charging my credit card without shipping out the merchandize.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I picked out a Liz Claiborne sweater from JCPenney in the Missi department. The signs for the sweater showed that the sweater cost $19.99. I went to the register..."
- "Got some extra time and $$ to *** away? Well then put in an order with ooShirts.com! What a nightmare to work with. We usually use 4imprint, Logosoftware, and DiscountMugs for..."
- "A leather purse I bought at JCPenney has dye wearing off of strap that rest on my shoulder, and on top of purse around the zipper. It..."
- "I love Friendly's Sundae Extreme Chocolate Fudge Brownie! I buy it in the half-gallon size all the time. Only this time, there were NO BROWNIES! I was so disappointed. I..."
- "I have been using DHL for over 5 years, I have to admit that their non US service is great, once packages leave the US they get delivered on time...."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."