On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney.I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of Nov 2nd and that my credit card was charged for $79.99.

I tracked the order all week and it had a expected delivery date of Nov 7th which was Saturday. I saw that it was delivered and rushed to my mailbox to get the package at 10:30 in the morning. In my mailbox was a large gray envelope which JC Penney uses to mail out items such as clothing. I was looking at the envelope and then thinking there is NO DRESS inside this envelope.

I felt some paperwork in it and opened the envelope thinking that maybe my dress that I ordered was on backorder. Inside was a packing list and Invoice Dated Nov 2nd. It also stated at the bottom of the invoice that $79.99 was charged to my account. How the *** can they charge your credit card without sending you the merchandise.

I was livid and dumbfounded. I immediately called customer service trying to stay as calm as I could without screaming at them. It's not their fault it's the warehouse and the billing department who don't know what the *** they are doing. I explained to customer service trying to stay calm that I received a order with only the packing slip and invoice inside a envelope with NO DRESS.

I asked them how can they charge my credit card when I didn't receive any merchandise. She asked me if the envelope was opened I SAID NO IT WAS SEALED. I'm sure my mailman did not remove the dress from the package and reseal it. I was told my her that they would credit back my card for the $79.99 and that I would have reorder it again.

I told I did not want to be charge twice for this dress. I asked her how long would it take for me to receive my credit back to my card. She said 5 to 7 days. Again I was seeing RED in front of my eyes and trying not to scream at her.

As a consumer I believe that JC Penney is doing illegal transactions charging people's cards without customers receiving any merchandise. I saw several other people complaining about this same issue on another consumer's website. JC Penney better wake up before the Attorney General's Office steps in.

I will be making a complaint to the better business bureau in my state.JC Penney had no right charging my credit card without shipping out the merchandize.

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery at Jcpenney and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Jcpenney to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Jcpenney and jcpenney shipping service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Jcpenney?

Comments

Just clicked on link in confirmation email from JCPenney to confirm the status of my order. I logged in and was shocked to see that they have listed my order status as "Cancelled". NOT GOOD!