On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney.I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of Nov 2nd and that my credit card was charged for $79.99.
I tracked the order all week and it had a expected delivery date of Nov 7th which was Saturday. I saw that it was delivered and rushed to my mailbox to get the package at 10:30 in the morning. In my mailbox was a large gray envelope which JC Penney uses to mail out items such as clothing. I was looking at the envelope and then thinking there is NO DRESS inside this envelope.
I felt some paperwork in it and opened the envelope thinking that maybe my dress that I ordered was on backorder. Inside was a packing list and Invoice Dated Nov 2nd. It also stated at the bottom of the invoice that $79.99 was charged to my account. How the *** can they charge your credit card without sending you the merchandise.
I was livid and dumbfounded. I immediately called customer service trying to stay as calm as I could without screaming at them. It's not their fault it's the warehouse and the billing department who don't know what the *** they are doing. I explained to customer service trying to stay calm that I received a order with only the packing slip and invoice inside a envelope with NO DRESS.
I asked them how can they charge my credit card when I didn't receive any merchandise. She asked me if the envelope was opened I SAID NO IT WAS SEALED. I'm sure my mailman did not remove the dress from the package and reseal it. I was told my her that they would credit back my card for the $79.99 and that I would have reorder it again.
I told I did not want to be charge twice for this dress. I asked her how long would it take for me to receive my credit back to my card. She said 5 to 7 days. Again I was seeing RED in front of my eyes and trying not to scream at her.
As a consumer I believe that JC Penney is doing illegal transactions charging people's cards without customers receiving any merchandise. I saw several other people complaining about this same issue on another consumer's website. JC Penney better wake up before the Attorney General's Office steps in.
I will be making a complaint to the better business bureau in my state.JC Penney had no right charging my credit card without shipping out the merchandize.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true. The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive. I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom..."
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "Do not order a sectional at jcpenneys. They got mine wrong 3 times!!!! They do not follow your original order once placed, so they keep making same mistakes. If they..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I recently took my mother into this store to look at a new TV for her new home. She is elderly and needed some assistance in getting in.. The first..."
- "I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging,..."
- "I have been using DHL for over 5 years, I have to admit that their non US service is great, once packages leave the US they get delivered on time...."