On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney.I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of Nov 2nd and that my credit card was charged for $79.99.
I tracked the order all week and it had a expected delivery date of Nov 7th which was Saturday. I saw that it was delivered and rushed to my mailbox to get the package at 10:30 in the morning. In my mailbox was a large gray envelope which JC Penney uses to mail out items such as clothing. I was looking at the envelope and then thinking there is NO DRESS inside this envelope.
I felt some paperwork in it and opened the envelope thinking that maybe my dress that I ordered was on backorder. Inside was a packing list and Invoice Dated Nov 2nd. It also stated at the bottom of the invoice that $79.99 was charged to my account. How the *** can they charge your credit card without sending you the merchandise.
I was livid and dumbfounded. I immediately called customer service trying to stay as calm as I could without screaming at them. It's not their fault it's the warehouse and the billing department who don't know what the *** they are doing. I explained to customer service trying to stay calm that I received a order with only the packing slip and invoice inside a envelope with NO DRESS.
I asked them how can they charge my credit card when I didn't receive any merchandise. She asked me if the envelope was opened I SAID NO IT WAS SEALED. I'm sure my mailman did not remove the dress from the package and reseal it. I was told my her that they would credit back my card for the $79.99 and that I would have reorder it again.
I told I did not want to be charge twice for this dress. I asked her how long would it take for me to receive my credit back to my card. She said 5 to 7 days. Again I was seeing RED in front of my eyes and trying not to scream at her.
As a consumer I believe that JC Penney is doing illegal transactions charging people's cards without customers receiving any merchandise. I saw several other people complaining about this same issue on another consumer's website. JC Penney better wake up before the Attorney General's Office steps in.
I will be making a complaint to the better business bureau in my state.JC Penney had no right charging my credit card without shipping out the merchandize.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I had posted a Louis Vuitton belt (brand new WITHOUT tags) on Tradesy. Immedietly, a woman was interested in the belt and i lowered the price for her so it'd..."
- "Hello! My linen pants lasted one month.Today the St John's Bay pair of pants broke in at least 4 spots between legs.$20 for this poor quality made on Bangladesh is..."
- "After 15 months, my Asics running shoes fell apart. I'm a very casual runner and I don't ever run more than 3miles. My hand goes through the top, like a..."
- "I love Friendly's Sundae Extreme Chocolate Fudge Brownie! I buy it in the half-gallon size all the time. Only this time, there were NO BROWNIES! I was so disappointed. I..."
- "My family and I stayed from October 1, 2015 to October 3, 2015. My husband and I stayed in one room while the kids stayed in another. The first night..."
- "Ordered goods and tracked my package through the UPS website. The package was transported by ground very quickly (OH to NH in a day), but then just stopped. My package..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."