State: California City: Sacramento Product: Jcpenney Coupon Clear all filters (1 of 31 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Jcpenney in Sacramento, California - Took away coupons

I was the BIGGEST JCP fan, spending thousands per year, now won't go into the store unless I have a specific reason. I don't want to be told when to shop re:last Friday of month, or have to look at tags to see best price! I want to go into a store, see what I want, use my coupon. In my opinion, they are telling you to go to their version of clearance racks to get the best deals! I don't want to wait till an item is the lowest price and size is limited etc.

They were telling you when to shop before. You could get a deal if you used your coupon on certain days on certain weekends only .

Only got a deal on sale days. Is that not telling you when to shop? Now you get the sale price everyday. Red price is everyday low price, white is monthly value(which is a sale that last for a month everyday) and best price which is clearance.

Sounds like a great deal and it is everyday! No one will tell me when to shop cause I can go to jcp any day and get a great price!

I work at JCP, and I think you completely misunderstood our new pricing strategy. We aren't trying to make you wait for clearance or work around certain fridays of the month.

It's actually quite the opposite What the company is doing is trying to be more honest with our pricing, make the prices low enough you wont need a coupon, and make it so you DONT have to wait to get a good price. Everything was always on "sale" before, where it would have an original price that it NEVER was really sold for. The prices would just go on rotation between 40-50% and occasionally would have a really great sale. The new pricing strategy makes it so you don't need to wait for a sale or coupon.

At first, I saw it the same way you did and HATED the new CEO for changing it but after a few months I really do like the new pricing. For example, we have a set of sheets that once every 2-3 months would go on a sale where it was any size for the typical price of a twin, $19.99 (this included king sized so a major money saver!). Whenever I needed sheets I would wait months for this sale, and occassionally even miss it if I was busy over a major holiday weekend. Now, that same set of sheets, a twin is like $15 (cheaper than before), a full is like $18 (again, cheaper), a queen is like $20 and a king is $25.

Yes, the king is more expensive than it was on that sale, but I don't have to wait three months without sheets any more waiting for the sale to come around. The new pricing isn't intended to make you wait for the first and third friday of the month, that's just for clearance which is just left over items that don't sell during their sale season, just like the clearance was before. I think the company just got sick of people stalking the pricing teams waiting for them to mark something down and then fighting over the merchandise with other customers once it was marked down (seriously happened all the time) so they now let customers know when the clearance mark downs are going to happen, and intentionally lined it up with when most people get paid, although the prices dont go back up so theres no reason to like rush in the day of mark downs unless you want something specific. It's not that they want you to rush in to buy clearance, or wait for clearance, they don't want that any more than they did before the new pricing strategies.

They just wanted to be more honest about what the prices actually are and make it so you don't have to wait around for them or save up coupons to get a good deal. Like I said, I didn't like the pricing at first either, but after working there and shopping there a ton, it really is cheaper and soooo much more convenient. Plus I don't have to deal with people complaining because such and such lamp was $5 cheaper last week.

Also, no, I am not a brainwashed member of jcp coorporate, nor am i paid to put this here, I'm just a desperate college student putting myself through college and doing so by working at jcp. i just happened across this site and wanted to clear the air about this stuff because people keep complaining when in all reality, it's just a misinterpretation of the new pricing strategy.

View more comments (1)
Review
#319054 Review #319054 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product