State: California City: Citrus Heights Product: Jcpenney Coupon Clear all filters (1 of 31 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Jcpenney in Citrus Heights, California - False advertisement

I went to JCP with a "$10 off every $25 or more you spend" coupon. My total came to $156.00 and I paid in full. When I left the store, I realized that the cashier did not give me the coupon price. I went back later that day and explained to the same cashier that I only received $10 off my total when the coupon advertised differently. She proceeded to tell me that it was for "one transaction only". So I said I wanted to return everything and I would separate the items to ring everything at $25 per purchase so that I could enjoy my savings the way it was advertised. The cashier proceeded to tell me that it was only for one transaction and that I couldn't do that. So I told her that it was false advertisement then because NO WHERE on the coupon did it say that it was for "one transaction only" nor did it say that I couldn't keep reusing the coupon so technically I should have been able to do so. She told me no again and said "well, you DID get $10 off the total!". I told her I wanted to return the entire thing and she was very surprised then quickly returned the items and shoved the money into my hands. This particular cashier was very rude as was the other cashier working with her. The other cashier was with a man and woman that was trying to get his wife on his card, they barely helped him when he said the number on the back of the card wasn't JCP and asked if there was another way to get her on his card. Then my cashier said to the other, "If he is tying to get his wife on his card right now to use another coupon, HE CAN'T!" I took my money and left. JCP has lost a life long customer. The company has gone down hill so much over the past few years with quality in their products and the people they hire.

$10 off A purchase of $25 OR MORE. That just means you need to spend $25 to qualify for it.

It also states one per customer along with the rest of the exclusions. Where the *** does it say that the coupon can be scanned 6 times?

I know which coupon you are talking about, and it was $10 off $25 or more, NOT $10 off every $25.

If the wording on the coupon said "Good for ONE time use only", I would have made sure the customer received their $10 off and apologized for my error.

Also, if the coupon was for one use only, it would not be possible to separate the order into individual $25 purchases, because the coupon can only be used once.

In our store, we did have customers come in with that exact wording. (One-time use only.)

Customers need to read the fine print--some do....other customers don't. We had one in the store the other day that was ticked off because he couldn't use the coupon on his purchase of 2 pairs of Levi's jeans. The coupon said that "certain exclusions apply", and listed the exclusions clearly. Levi's was one of the exclusions.....he was still pissed.........Read the coupon and don't be angry with the cashier. We don't make the rules...we just work here.

I do feel badly for the customers who have had rude cashiers. Not all of us are rude.

The coupon was for $10 off $25 OR MORE purchase, NOT every $25 smh. This is why most of the time our stores do not provide the coupons in store by the registers anymore because people like you want to abuse it. That's why they are making a lot of ONE TIME use coupons now more than ever before.

Though I appreciate both comments, I have to say, a friend of mine went to the same store with her sister the day before and a salesperson was standing at the door handing out the same coupons. She gave my friend and her sister dozens of coupons in which they went and did the same thing I was trying to do. My friend and her sister only used one coupon each over and over at the same time/same register/same cashier, as they had separated the items.

I also know for a fact that other major retailers such as Macys and Kohls will give the customer the best deal possible and I have even had salespeople say that if they ring items up separately, it will give the best discount.

To answer your question Sessa, yes, I have had coupons to Macys and Kohls and the salespeople have given back the coupons without me even asking for it back so that I can continue to use it (I cannot say that about grocery coupons, but wouldn't that be comparing apples to oranges? No pun intended). And yes, I actually do use coupons QUITE often and have never had any problems with the other retailers that I have mentioned.

The only thing this particular coupon indicated was that there were certain items that would not qualify for the discount, which I clearly understand. I actually purchased one of the name brands that was listed and I didn't have a problem with that not being discounted. I returned all the items to make a point about the coupon in addition to the very poor attitude the salesperson had with me and the family at the next register.

The point is, the coupon did not specify it was for ONE transaction only. I also stated in the previous comment, that I was not the only person in line "misunderstanding" the coupon because another family was trying to do the same thing.

I'm sure if my friend and her sister (in which both had shown me their receipts after I told them the experience I had) had their coupons honored the way they did, then others probably did too. Why honor it for a few people and not for others? The combination of the coupon situation along with the way I (and the other family) was treated by this salesperson, definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. There is no reason whatsoever to shove refund money back into someone's hand or be rude to the customers no matter how you are feeling about a situation.

sessa

Unlike the other comment I don't see AT ALL how this would be an easy mistake to make, it's actually quite ridiculous. I won't even go into the details of the coupon, but your expectations are ludicrous and you must not use coupons often.

When you use one at the grocery store do you then ask for it back so you can use it again? :roll :roll

i think you have a misunderstanding of the wording.tho i can see where that would be easy to do.but surly they cant brake all sells down to 25 bucks and reward 10 bucks from that they would be in the poor house.if im thinking right that would come out to 40% off of every $100.00 spent other stores would buy them out in a day.

View more comments (6)