I have never had any problems with J. C.

Penney's merchandise or customer service in my area. What I do have a BIG PROBLEM with is their credit cards. They sometimes offer an incentive of an additional discount if you pay with their JCP card. Annual percentage rate 26.99%.

I probably haven't missed a payment on anything for the last 15 years. However, I was sick and didn't make a payment of $31.86 on time and was charged a fee of $25.00 along with an interest charge $1.55! Bringing the bill to: $58.41. I got an email with the demand to pay immediately or the fee would be $37.00.

I paid with another credit card the late charges and the current months charges also. Needless to say, I'm done with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

#1362068

I set up recurring payments and had problems with it at least 3 times. Thank the lord I only owe 191.00 on this card.

They said they closed my account because of non payment, but I pay it all the time. Never had a problem until recurring payments were set up. They are not deducting from the right account. I updated it at least 3 times and now I make one time payments.

Funny how those go through.

I use to shop there all the time, but now I will never shop there again. Also very pissed off.

be very careful with JC Penney, they also have a deferred payment plan that they do not inform you of. I purchased an outdoor set 2 years ago, which I thought I had paid only to find out (after making other purchases) that it wasn't paid off and I was hit with $800.00 worth of interest. I had no clue of the deferred payment otherwise I wouldn't have purchased the set through them.