I have a very small balance and "thought" I signed up for auto-drafts to only discover those drafts were NOT being taken out! I have several auto drafts for small amounts and they always post in different forms on my bank statements.

I wanted to pay the whopping $163 balance off but saw an auto-draft scheduled so I waited till the next day to then pay the remaining balance. To my utter shock the $35 auto-draft did not post to the account but a $25 late fee did! I called the 800 customer service to only speak to someone that didn't understand English very well. Now I have to write a letter to see how to resolve the situation and also check my credit to see what damage JCP has done to me there as well.

Very upsetting and I will never purchase in the store or keep this credit card as they charge an incredible 26.99% interest rate. Seems incredibly advantageous of them to mistakenly not handle auto-drafts correctly.......

Product or Service Mentioned: Jcpenney Account.

Jcpenney Cons: Will never darken a jcpenney store again.

Comments

I paid my credit card at i.e. of the locations and were told that the machine was down but my payment went through.

Wrong I was hit with a late fee. And even though it been resolved I will pay with the remaining balance and will never shop here again