2.1K views

Arizona Relaxed blue jeans from J.C. Penney have been the only brand that I've bought for years. They have always fit and worn well.

I'm guessing in order to increase profits they decided to reduce the amount of material from the crotch up to the top of the pants. I measured the zipper length on a recently purchased pair and discovered that the zipper has been reduced by approximately 3/4 of an inch.

This change in design has severely affected the comfort of the jeans. There are very few 57 year old men who wants the feel of low waisted pants.

This *** move from some bean counter has caused me to seek another brand of blue jeans.

Review about: Jcpenney Jeans.

Comments

I agree. I haven't bought a pair in 5 years because they would not wear out.

I just recently bought 2 pair in2017 and after 3 months both have holes where the back pocket stitches on. Never again

Covington, Kentucky, United States #1184091

cheaper denim, belt loops pull off, and denim color is all screwed up

This has to do with current style and has nothing to do with the quality of the jeans. Good grief.

to Anonymous Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States #1090602

It appears that you did not read the other comments. Dah!

I will never buy your product again!!!!!!@! Thin fabric and wash it and the crotch rips out.

I returned the first one but the store closed near to me. You people suck at even what the concept of jeans should be.....give me money for your rip crotch so I can buy new....use quality stuff......we go back to Levi and so!!!!

I like the Arizona and everything about Arizona jeans,but I noticed it wearing in the the butt near the back pockets. My questions is are these jeans guaranteed to last and if you get holes in them you can return them for a new pair? I know Levis does that,buy wasn't sure if Arizona did also!

to Anonymous #1304853

My husbands jeans gets exact same year!!

Arizona used to have good jeans. Now the manufacturer has cheapened them so much that they aren't worth wearing.

After 1 washing they are barely fit to wear unless you like looking like a slob.

Speaking of the soppy look, I'm looking forward to the day when designers and customers tire of the low-rise and mid-rise styles because I'm sick of looking at people's butt cracks.

Makers of Arizona jeans: please fix your damaged reputation by making quality jeans again.

If you decide not to, it will be a relief when you go out of business.

Search and you can still find old style on ebay. You need to make sure jeans are from Mexico.

Quality dropped when jeans went overseas to Thailand. I am 6'9" and these are the only decent pair of jeans that fit me and I buy every pair I can when I seen them.

I used to shop JC Penney's big and tall but I stopped doing that after jeans went bust. I would estimate that I moved about $500 a year over to other retailers and now try to only buy clothes made in USA (except for these jeans).

AGREE!!

In addition to the lower quality material and lower rise that I can't live with, did you notice that they have removed one of the two belt loops on the back of the jeans

I left Levi's many years ago because of the same reason. Now I will leave Arizona jeans. :(

to VTJim San Antonio, Texas, United States #923650

That is right my friends Levi's is doing the same thing I stop buying from them and start buying from Texas Jean company made in the U S A

Sacramento, California, United States #764250

Been buying jeans for over 50 years, and these are the WORSE pants I have ever bought! After two weeks, two rear belt-loops separated from the material, then the inseam area gave way at the stitching.

The material is cheap denim-like material and WILL NOT stand up to normal usage, let alone any kind of outside work.

I would rather wear my fancy thin "church slacks" than wear these cheap and poorly constructed pants.

BUYER BEWARE !!!

Pay a few dollars more and buy jeans that will last at least a few months.

Modesto, California, United States #757022

Just bought 3 pair for my husband since he has loved the fit and style. When we received them they are a totally new style & fit.

Saggy/baggy and horrible!!!

So disappointed that they changed these. They were great but now get a F from us!!!

Tampa, Florida, United States #751670

I also have been a loyal Arizona purchaser for over ten years. Sorry to say Pennys after this horrible change in material and back pocket Sergio looking *** stitching im done.

Montana, Montana, United States #751157

Been wearing Levis for years and decided to try a pair of Arizona jeans. What a pile of krap!

Tore a belt-loop lose within a week.

Crotch wore thin within 3 weeks and hole in the knee within a month. Will NEVER buy Arizona jeans again!

I agree. The new Arizona jeans are complete junk.

Loose fit was perfect fit for me. Slightly higher waist and slightly less loose than average jeans. Now they made the waist much bigger with the same hips. Very uncomfortable.

Waist is lower, and that's before they sag. The stitching on the back pockets is very ugly. Feels like cheaper "denim" too.

And it seems like half the time I go to Penny's, the price of an item is higher at the register than the signs indicated. :( :( :(

I agree. I am 42 and now I have to find another brand too.

They are trying to make "sagin" pants, but they have to do that little by little. You know knida phase it in.

Humm, spell that backwards. Kinda make you wonder.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States #665336

Same here - been wearing Arizona jeans for over 25 years. Fit perfectly. The new line is complete junk.

After buying many Arizonia jeans, we find them to have a "defect" in the same area. On the back pocket edge after bending they tear from the pocket edge down to the leg.( Not the pocket, the jean itself) My guys that wear these are not fat to cause a bust out. due to this happening with many of the pants we assume it is a design flaw.

Normal, Illinois, United States #604954

Arizona Jeans were the best fitting, most comfortable jeans I have ever worn. I recently purchased a new pair only to find out they completely changed them.

This new style is pretty awful. The do not fit right, feel cheaper than the original ones and look just as bad.

I have not worn any other jeans in the last 4.5 years. Not sure what the rationale was behind the change but i sure wish they would bring back the original ones!