2.8

I bought a fancy diamond ring with the hope of putting a smile on my 95 year old Mother's face for Mothers Day. When she wore it she found it too sharp on the edges and kept catching her fragile skin on it.

I took it back to the store knowing I was close to the 60 day time limit (in fact I was 4 days early). I had the gift bag and the original box and the pretty ring but I did not have the receipt. Even though I used my Pennys Credit card, the counter woman could not find the transaction. They still carry the ring so they have the item #.

As I waited for them to locate the ring I was told that I could even exchange it even if it was over the time limit for return. I went back 2 weeks later to let them know the date I purchased it and the time. I was told it was too late nothing could be done. I get it, policy, but the department manager could not be bothered to come to her department to talk with me when I asked for her.

she would have remembered that I tried in time to return it without issue. Well, I am stuck with a ring I can't use, I am disappointed in a store where mom and I both spend hundreds per year. Oh yes, I was told it was 14 K yellow gold, no so it is only 10karat.

Who sells diamonds in 10K gold? So not happy (I am the one person who always gives great survey responses this is my first sad one).

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Jcpenney Cons: Staffs disinterest in my concern.

• Jewelry Return Nightmare

Comments

You should take them to small claims court and sue them.