JCpenney - On-line customer

May 31, 2013
review #413551

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties.I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is.Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

9c08d56
Had an experience with JCpenney?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
cookie

Sep 12

My husband loved those elastic back Towncraft pants. I can't find anything like them in his size anywhere else. Everything seems geared to the younger generation, but baby boomers are the ones with the money. Wake up corporate America!

Sadeyes

Aug 26

Yes! Am looking in vain for the towncraft wrinkle free short sleeve plaid shirts. They were good quality. Now all I seem to find is thin, poor quality, looks like you slept in them shirts. This is very frustrating. My husband wears them for work. Everything is poor quality these days. Its too bad that Penny's quality seems more like walmart these days.

one time loyal customer

Jul 29 New Orleans, Louisiana

I also have been buying Towncraft pant from JCP for decades. I had forethought to buy a huge supply in various colors before they stopped caring them. At my age I think i have enough for ten more years. I just do not go to JCP for anything now. They abandoned the loyal customer. The only ones I ran out of was the denim. How to screw up a company.

unhappy

Jul 26

No one else carried the volley shorts by Towncraft. Been buying them for years now, happily. There's the end of my shopping experience at JCP.

Jul 18

I am not happy that JCP no longer offers Towncraft solid color shorts (walking). I will go elsewhere for shorts now.

Ozymandias

Jul 13

Needed to reorder for father - very annoying to find they're gone. When you go all-out to attract new customers and fail, driving away the loyal customers seems not so great an idea.

Jun 09

I have a son that is disabled & these elastic waist jeans were perfect for ease of changing & also comfort. When your posture is altered, the waist of most pants is too
high & cuts into your abdomen when sitting. These jeans were comfortable & I do think that they should be available.

Lost loyal customer

May 31 Bakersfield, California

JCP must have all the mis-managers & rejects from the other departments stores. Reminds me of Wards as they were about to go out of business. I can buy name brands anywhere. But you could only get Towncraft items at JCP. When they got rid of the full time professional personal in the men's department and no longer offer fittings. I could see the writing on the wall. I am so disappointed in the management and how they are dismantling and American institution. Also have you notice the junk they are starting carry in the isle's. What a same! Not that they seem to care they are losing customers, I will no longer wast my time shopping there.

0 1 Reply
lost customer

Apr 24

you are not alone, it is all over the net ,even on ebay they are selling above retail for those lucky to find their size. There is a good reason JCP is losing customers.

js

Mar 02

I am also very disappointed that JC Penney is no longer carrying Towncraft expandable slacks. The least they could have done was let us know. I would have stocked up.

Feb 17 Nashville, Tennessee

Towncraft were my favorite slacks to wear and purchase and now JC Penney no longer carries them. No wonder they are having problems. If someone else would start carrying them, they would have me for a customer...Shame on you JC Penney

Sad

Feb 16

We have purchased these Towncraft pants for around 10 years at JC Pennys. Too bad they got rid of something that worked for all types of people

Margaret

Jan 22 Alexandria, Virginia

I have bought Towncraft Mens Jeans and started looking again for them only to find they are no longer carried by JCP. How sad to lose such a good product.

LB

Jan 18

I myself have tried to order the same TownCraft jeans for my 88 year old father. I am trying to find them online and haven't had any luck so far. LB

Pat

Jan 13

I've been buying Towncraft elastic-waist pants (flat front) for years and this Christmas I couldn't find them at J C Penney's. This makes buying clothes for my son so much harder now. I sure wish Penney's would re-think this matter and stock Towncraft elastic-waist pants again (or something similar with elastic waists).

trackman

Jan 08

just finding these jeans a few years ago now and for a while are no longer available sucks. bought many pair on ebay but these work the best. it's too bad that either the company (JCP) or the Towncraft no longer has these to offer. no other brand i found fit and work the same.

Jan 08

Try losing weight you porker. JCP no longer needs to sell to the obese.

0 3 Reply
Dorie

May 03 Suffield, Connecticut

i buy these for 10 yrs. now. for my son who is very thin but has only one arm from a dirt bike accident. With the elastic waist he can get them on without assistance. It make him feel independent. he is only 33 yrs. old. So, you see you comment is wrong.

betty boop

May 23

NOT NICE COMMENT ABOUT THE OVER WEIGHT MAN!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!

DAD

Jun 08 Cardington, Ohio

YOU ARE A *** NOTHING GOOD TO SAY KEEP IT TO YOURSELF YOU ARE WHY WE AS A WHOLE CAN'T GET ALONG I'M A SR AND THIS TYPE OF CLOTHING WORKS, FOR YOUNG AND OLDE . I HOPE SOON YOU BREAK A LEG OR GET IN A WRECK AND BREAK A HIP AND NEAD THIS TYPE OF WEAR. BUT YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE . GOOD BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about JCpenney.
Filing a new complaint about
×