Jcpenney - On-line customer

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties.I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is.Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

More Review Details

Helpful? 67 Yes 67 11 No 11
Had the same issue 168 Yes 168
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

1 day ago #1046525

Why can't I find the long sleeve towncraft shirts anymore...? Jcpenney your loosing customers ...

Sep 25 #1039114

Those were good jeans, and they continually phased them out. Since I can not find them in their stores, I make very few trips, if any, to any of their stores. I think they should bring them back.

Sep 25 #1039113

Sep 21 #1036913

I agree!!! I have been buying towncraft pants for my husband for many years and they longer carry them...too bad. Now I cannot find them anywhere, but once I do...bye bye JC Penney!!!

Aug 02 #1015034

After all. What is the closest replacement for the towncraft short pants? I mean the most similar, including the price? It must be something similar on the market!

Jun 16 #995681 Beckley, West Virginia

I am also in need of the town craft jeans. It is all my father will wear. I'm sure if I shop around I will be able to find something similar. J.C. Penney will be losing our business as well!!!

May 24 #988117

I had been purchasing the towncraft elastic waist pants for my autistic son. They were comfortable and looked great too. I have been unable to find the same quality elsewhere and am so disappointed that they have been discontinued.

May 18 #985828

For good ol' regular husbands (or mates), Towncraft couldn't be beat! Great quality, always good value .... And now GONE! You retailers are messing with us regulars waaay too much!

May 05 #980230

I couldn't agree more with most of these comments. I loved those jeans and they were the only ones I ever bought. Very depressing when they vanished off the shelf.
But is Townsend out of business? Do they just not make them any more. It would seem they would find a new store to market them since they were and still are a 'huge' hit and quality product. And why has J.C. Penney's not responded to any of these comments?
Surely Townsend knows what a quality product they have. Have they gone out of business maybe.

Apr 29 #978198

I have bought towncraft pants (from J C Penny's) for 20 years and now I haven't been able to do so for about a year... So, my shopping at Penny's has, and will continue to, decline.... So, J C Penny's, if you want my business bring towncraft pants back!!!

Hogan love

Mar 22 #962097 Fort Payne, Alabama

We're can I get towncraft elestic waist pants. Why would you quit selling them when everyone love those pants

6 0 Reply

Mar 18 #960319 Sioux City, Iowa

I have bought many of the Towncraft shorts in the past and love them. They fit the best and have shorter inseams that don't hang way down over my knees.
I wish you still carried them, as I can't find them anywhere on the web.

4 0 Reply

Mar 10 #956406 Poughkeepsie, New York

I have purchased Towncraft jeans for years for my husband. Why are you not selling them anymore. Are they out of business or don't you carry them. Please tell me where they are selling them even if I have to go online. My husband loves these jeans and they always have been a good fit for him.

3 0 Reply

Feb 12 #945101 Aurora, Colorado

Obviously they weren't making enough money off of the brand. I know you people are used to being catered to your whole lives, but sometimes companies need to cut things that simply aren't pulling enough profit. If it's that big of a deal in your life, go out and make your own "Townscraft expandable slacks" instead of collectively *** with the other 10 people that bought the product. Grow up.

0 1 Reply

Jun 09 #993022 Centre, Alabama

***! If you would read all these comments you would see more than 10 people bought those pants for a long period of time. You need to grow up. Sometimes it is almost impossible to find clothes in hard to find sizes and fits for some people-- such as my husband. Towncraft fit him great. Grow up

Jul 03 #1003451 Port Charlotte, Florida

how rude, it sounds like profit is more important than customers. yes we will just grow up and you can make that 20 people because our whole family shopped there and I guess they don't need our business. They now carry only the same brands as every other store so there is no choice for the customers just another clone store.

Feb 05 #941750 Wichita, Kansas

Husband had stroke; asks for very little but tonight said that he wanted more of the TOWNCRAFT drawstring pants that are so comfortable. Immediately jumped on the Internet to read "JC Penney does not carry TownCraft." Please explain your reasoning for no longer carrying this brand any more.

Jan 24 #935825 Englewood, Colorado

My husband always wore Towncraft jeans as far back as I can remember. The pairs that he has left are in bad shape. He is very disapointed that you no longer carry them. He has been shopping in other stores hoping to find them.
They wear better and look better than any other brand you offer.
We hope that you will start carrying them again.

Dec 21, 2014 #919132 Conesus, New York

Towncraft mens pants........Where are they after twenty years.......NOW I SEE WHY JC IS IN TROUBLE

Dec 07, 2014 #912468 Charlottesville, Virginia

We have been buying Towncraft for years ,this is sad that they are no longer available.

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 51 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Jcpenney. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Jcpenney.
Filing a new complaint about