JCPenney - On-line customer

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties.I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is.Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

review #413551
11 66 Helpful?
Had the same issue166 Comments47
Had an experience with JCPenney?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

2 days ago #1015034

After all. What is the closest replacement for the towncraft short pants? I mean the most similar, including the price? It must be something similar on the market!

Jun 16 #995681 Beckley, West Virginia

I am also in need of the town craft jeans. It is all my father will wear. I'm sure if I shop around I will be able to find something similar. J.C. Penney will be losing our business as well!!!

May 24 #988117

I had been purchasing the towncraft elastic waist pants for my autistic son. They were comfortable and looked great too. I have been unable to find the same quality elsewhere and am so disappointed that they have been discontinued.

May 18 #985828

For good ol' regular husbands (or mates), Towncraft couldn't be beat! Great quality, always good value .... And now GONE! You retailers are messing with us regulars waaay too much!

May 05 #980230

I couldn't agree more with most of these comments. I loved those jeans and they were the only ones I ever bought. Very depressing when they vanished off the shelf.
But is Townsend out of business? Do they just not make them any more. It would seem they would find a new store to market them since they were and still are a 'huge' hit and quality product. And why has J.C. Penney's not responded to any of these comments?
Surely Townsend knows what a quality product they have. Have they gone out of business maybe.

Apr 29 #978198

I have bought towncraft pants (from J C Penny's) for 20 years and now I haven't been able to do so for about a year... So, my shopping at Penny's has, and will continue to, decline.... So, J C Penny's, if you want my business bring towncraft pants back!!!

Hogan love

Mar 22 #962097 Fort Payne, Alabama

We're can I get towncraft elestic waist pants. Why would you quit selling them when everyone love those pants

4 0 Reply
Terry

Mar 18 #960319 Sioux City, Iowa

I have bought many of the Towncraft shorts in the past and love them. They fit the best and have shorter inseams that don't hang way down over my knees.
I wish you still carried them, as I can't find them anywhere on the web.

3 0 Reply
Sandy

Mar 10 #956406 Poughkeepsie, New York

I have purchased Towncraft jeans for years for my husband. Why are you not selling them anymore. Are they out of business or don't you carry them. Please tell me where they are selling them even if I have to go online. My husband loves these jeans and they always have been a good fit for him.

fauxnewz

Feb 12 #945101 Aurora, Colorado

Obviously they weren't making enough money off of the brand. I know you people are used to being catered to your whole lives, but sometimes companies need to cut things that simply aren't pulling enough profit. If it's that big of a deal in your life, go out and make your own "Townscraft expandable slacks" instead of collectively *** with the other 10 people that bought the product. Grow up.

0 1 Reply

Jun 09 #993022 Centre, Alabama

***! If you would read all these comments you would see more than 10 people bought those pants for a long period of time. You need to grow up. Sometimes it is almost impossible to find clothes in hard to find sizes and fits for some people-- such as my husband. Towncraft fit him great. Grow up

susie

Jul 03 #1003451 Port Charlotte, Florida

how rude, it sounds like profit is more important than customers. yes we will just grow up and you can make that 20 people because our whole family shopped there and I guess they don't need our business. They now carry only the same brands as every other store so there is no choice for the customers just another clone store.

kathy

Feb 05 #941750 Wichita, Kansas

Husband had stroke; asks for very little but tonight said that he wanted more of the TOWNCRAFT drawstring pants that are so comfortable. Immediately jumped on the Internet to read "JC Penney does not carry TownCraft." Please explain your reasoning for no longer carrying this brand any more.

Edmundsch1096

Jan 24 #935825 Englewood, Colorado

My husband always wore Towncraft jeans as far back as I can remember. The pairs that he has left are in bad shape. He is very disapointed that you no longer carry them. He has been shopping in other stores hoping to find them.
They wear better and look better than any other brand you offer.
We hope that you will start carrying them again.

bobo

Dec 21, 2014 #919132 Conesus, New York

Towncraft mens pants........Where are they after twenty years.......NOW I SEE WHY JC IS IN TROUBLE

Dec 07, 2014 #912468 Charlottesville, Virginia

We have been buying Towncraft for years ,this is sad that they are no longer available.

Les

Dec 02, 2014 #909638

I also have purchased Towncraft expandable pants for years and from JC Penny and wanted to purchase some more only to find out they no longer offer them.

another former customer

Nov 10, 2014 #898294 Kenner, Louisiana

they were best sellers so what does the CEO do? kill the line what else. All of the J.C. Penny house brands we go there for are now gone or reduced to nothing and they wonder were the customers went?

6 4 Reply
Carol

Oct 16, 2014 #885450 Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

I also have purchased Towncraft pants for my husband for the last 15 years and they are the best fitting pants I've ever seen. They have elastic in the back and a plain front so they look very neat and are comfortable as well. Why doesn't JC Penney wise up and sell what their customers like. Why does everything have to look sloppy? Come on, listen to your customers if you want to stay in business!

cookie

Sep 12, 2014 #869250

My husband loved those elastic back Towncraft pants. I can't find anything like them in his size anywhere else. Everything seems geared to the younger generation, but baby boomers are the ones with the money. Wake up corporate America!

1-20 of 47 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about JCPenney.
Filing a new complaint about
×