Jcpenney - On-line customer

I have purchased the TownCraft expandable slacks for the last 10 years from J C Penny, along with dress shirts and ties.I now find out that J C Penny no longer offers the TownCraft expandable slacks.

I guess I will take my shirt and tie business somewhere else. Maybe that is one of the reasons that J C Penny is having trouble and loosing customers and market share.

J C Penny said they wanted to hear from their customers, so here it is.Lets just see if this will get a response from the powers that be at the great J C Penny.

f241df9 review #413551
58 Helpful? 9
Had the same issue106 Comments33 Report
Had an experience with Jcpenney?  Submit review about this company
Edmundsch1096

Jan 24 Englewood, Colorado

My husband always wore Towncraft jeans as far back as I can remember. The pairs that he has left are in bad shape. He is very disapointed that you no longer carry them. He has been shopping in other stores hoping to find them.
They wear better and look better than any other brand you offer.
We hope that you will start carrying them again.

bobo

Dec 21, 2014 Conesus, New York

Towncraft mens pants........Where are they after twenty years.......NOW I SEE WHY JC IS IN TROUBLE

Les

Dec 02, 2014

I also have purchased Towncraft expandable pants for years and from JC Penny and wanted to purchase some more only to find out they no longer offer them.

another former customer

Nov 10, 2014 Kenner, Louisiana

they were best sellers so what does the CEO do? kill the line what else. All of the J.C. Penny house brands we go there for are now gone or reduced to nothing and they wonder were the customers went?

Carol

Oct 16, 2014 Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

I also have purchased Towncraft pants for my husband for the last 15 years and they are the best fitting pants I've ever seen. They have elastic in the back and a plain front so they look very neat and are comfortable as well. Why doesn't JC Penney wise up and sell what their customers like. Why does everything have to look sloppy? Come on, listen to your customers if you want to stay in business!

cookie

Sep 12, 2014

My husband loved those elastic back Towncraft pants. I can't find anything like them in his size anywhere else. Everything seems geared to the younger generation, but baby boomers are the ones with the money. Wake up corporate America!

Sadeyes

Aug 26, 2014

Yes! Am looking in vain for the towncraft wrinkle free short sleeve plaid shirts. They were good quality. Now all I seem to find is thin, poor quality, looks like you slept in them shirts. This is very frustrating. My husband wears them for work. Everything is poor quality these days. Its too bad that Penny's quality seems more like walmart these days.

one time loyal customer

Jul 29, 2014 New Orleans, Louisiana

I also have been buying Towncraft pant from JCP for decades. I had forethought to buy a huge supply in various colors before they stopped caring them. At my age I think i have enough for ten more years. I just do not go to JCP for anything now. They abandoned the loyal customer. The only ones I ran out of was the denim. How to screw up a company.

3 0 Reply
unhappy

Jul 26, 2014

No one else carried the volley shorts by Towncraft. Been buying them for years now, happily. There's the end of my shopping experience at JCP.

Jul 18, 2014

I am not happy that JCP no longer offers Towncraft solid color shorts (walking). I will go elsewhere for shorts now.

2 0 Reply
Ozymandias

Jul 13, 2014

Needed to reorder for father - very annoying to find they're gone. When you go all-out to attract new customers and fail, driving away the loyal customers seems not so great an idea.

Jun 09, 2014

I have a son that is disabled & these elastic waist jeans were perfect for ease of changing & also comfort. When your posture is altered, the waist of most pants is too
high & cuts into your abdomen when sitting. These jeans were comfortable & I do think that they should be available.

Lost loyal customer

May 31, 2014 Bakersfield, California

JCP must have all the mis-managers & rejects from the other departments stores. Reminds me of Wards as they were about to go out of business. I can buy name brands anywhere. But you could only get Towncraft items at JCP. When they got rid of the full time professional personal in the men's department and no longer offer fittings. I could see the writing on the wall. I am so disappointed in the management and how they are dismantling and American institution. Also have you notice the junk they are starting carry in the isle's. What a same! Not that they seem to care they are losing customers, I will no longer wast my time shopping there.

1 2 Reply
lost customer

Apr 24, 2014

you are not alone, it is all over the net ,even on ebay they are selling above retail for those lucky to find their size. There is a good reason JCP is losing customers.

2 0 Reply
js

Mar 02, 2014

I am also very disappointed that JC Penney is no longer carrying Towncraft expandable slacks. The least they could have done was let us know. I would have stocked up.

Feb 17, 2014 Nashville, Tennessee

Towncraft were my favorite slacks to wear and purchase and now JC Penney no longer carries them. No wonder they are having problems. If someone else would start carrying them, they would have me for a customer...Shame on you JC Penney

Sad

Feb 16, 2014

We have purchased these Towncraft pants for around 10 years at JC Pennys. Too bad they got rid of something that worked for all types of people

Margaret

Jan 22, 2014 Alexandria, Virginia

I have bought Towncraft Mens Jeans and started looking again for them only to find they are no longer carried by JCP. How sad to lose such a good product.

LB

Jan 18, 2014

I myself have tried to order the same TownCraft jeans for my 88 year old father. I am trying to find them online and haven't had any luck so far. LB

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Jcpenney.
Filing a new complaint about
×