I have been a JCPenney customer for many years and have purchased quite a few pieces of fine jewelry.I have purchased the lifetime warranties several times, but didn't use one for sizing until 3/10.
The ring I sized was yellow gold with white gold prongs or so I was told. When the ring was sized, the size was incorrect and the white gold prongs had a yellow tinge. I talked to several stores and managers and was told that the prongs were white. Over time, the prongs discolored further and I went to a reputable jewelry store to get the prongs checked.
The prongs were in fact plated, but I was still within the normal return period. After much debate, the store manager finally returned the ring, but not my $65 warranty.
In May of 2010, I took certified earrings in reluctantly because one had a broken back. The store sent both earrings out and when I received them back the stones were brown!
The store managers had little concern or explanation for the problem. The earrings were sent to the repair company again and came back with new backs, but longer posts that I couldn't wear. The posts were crooked and the back of the earring had holes in the metal. I had numerous manager look at the earrings and they offered to do nothing, but send them in again.
I called the corporate customer care number and was never called back! I ended up taking the earrings to another jewelry store and had to spend $110 to fix their mistakes.
I have a platinum card, but will never give Penneys any more money after taking $200 of mine without so much as an apology.I have always loved Kohls and they stand behind what they sell no matter what and will get my business from now on.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I hired Lowe's installer to install our dishwasher, the installer didn't tighten the nut to the dishwasher and it resulted us losing our kitchen,dining room wall and carpet. This was..."
- "Drawer unit ordered online. Arrived in a big box. Looked like original packaging. Opened to discover the whole thing beat up. Posted the following review for the product on their..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "My wife almost got killed when the fifth wheel plate broke off from faulty welding now my lawyer and I can't get ahold of them..."
- "www.jbarrlaw.com - Attorney Joseph Barr, places his client at risk by outright theft of property which he refuses to return and failing to agree to stop distributing private information..."
- "My sister was eating cheddar and sour cream potato chips when she pick up this chip with blond hairs!!..."
- "BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF..."
- "I slipped & fell on some dog urine that was not cleaned up. Petsmart Utica, Mi is notorious for the Oops stations not having paper towels in the dispensers so..."
- "I ordered 8 dresses and 4 tops. Some of them are a little thin, but I just wear camisoles under those. 1 dress is on back order and 2 of..."