JCPenney doesn't stand behind jewelry warranties
I have been a JCPenney customer for many years and have purchased quite a few pieces of fine jewelry.I have purchased the lifetime warranties several times, but didn't use one for sizing until 3/10.
The ring I sized was yellow gold with white gold prongs or so I was told. When the ring was sized, the size was incorrect and the white gold prongs had a yellow tinge. I talked to several stores and managers and was told that the prongs were white. Over time, the prongs discolored further and I went to a reputable jewelry store to get the prongs checked.
The prongs were in fact plated, but I was still within the normal return period. After much debate, the store manager finally returned the ring, but not my $65 warranty.
In May of 2010, I took certified earrings in reluctantly because one had a broken back. The store sent both earrings out and when I received them back the stones were brown!
The store managers had little concern or explanation for the problem. The earrings were sent to the repair company again and came back with new backs, but longer posts that I couldn't wear. The posts were crooked and the back of the earring had holes in the metal. I had numerous manager look at the earrings and they offered to do nothing, but send them in again.
I called the corporate customer care number and was never called back! I ended up taking the earrings to another jewelry store and had to spend $110 to fix their mistakes.
I have a platinum card, but will never give Penneys any more money after taking $200 of mine without so much as an apology.I have always loved Kohls and they stand behind what they sell no matter what and will get my business from now on.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Date: 10/09/2014 Management Walmart 10th Ave N. Palm Springs Fl. 33461 Gentlemen, On 10/08/2014, I ate a sandwich made from Tuna salad purchased from your store. The tuna contained foreign objects some of which I ingested. I..."
- "2 of Walmart employees Tashaun and Rickey made unauthorized copy of Tahoe key. Later came to my home and stole my SUV taking my 28" rims. Walmart says it's not..."
- "When shopping with my family last weekend my father picked up a pair of pants at JC Penney there were 2 prices on the price tag. The sticker said $30..."
- "The photos you're looking at are of a dead moth inside a torn ripped stained wedding dress that Colorado Bridal DBA D'Anelli Bridal in Lakewood, Colorado sold me for THOUSANDS..."
- "I purchased Indique Tahitian Wave 24' 3 weeks ago and had it installed. When it came it was excited because of the packaging and the few reviews I saw about..."
- "www.jbarrlaw.com - Attorney Joseph Barr, places his client at risk by outright theft of property which he refuses to return and failing to agree to stop distributing private information..."
- "I have never been to zoom tan however they used my debt card information and charged my checking account at least 3 times. They stated my previous tanning salon closed..."
- "I have been trying to log in from CNN and other TV station own app But it keeps saying I am not subscribed , which is not true. I have been tossed..."
- "I have owned 3 Cross Roads Cruiser 5ers. They all have had small issues, but this 2014 35 ss has had to many, and the final straw was a tiny..."