Jcpenney - Can't use a gift card to pay for a credit card?!!
I have shopped with JCPenney for over 15 years. Before all the recent policy changes, I used to be able to use JCP gift cards to pay my credit card bill. I prefer getting merchandise with the gift cards, however, if I happened to spend too much over Christmas, it was nice to use the gift card instead to help save a little money. Being that everyone I am related to knows how much I shop at JCP, I received several JCP gift cards for Christmas. Today, I walked in to the store to use my gift card to pay the bill and I was told I could no longer do that. I called the hotline to ask someone if that was really true and after 35 minutes on the phone trying to get to a higher level person, it was confirmed. A gift card is the same thing as cash. It is not like paying a credit card bill with another credit card. I can understand why they don't allow payments with other credit cards because it is paying with money that truly isn't yours, and they have to pay extra fees to process all of that. A JCP gift card has no fees, and is the equivalent of me handing a clerk cash, and them handing back a plastic card that says "this is how much money you have given me". What JCP, and the "guru" who has dumped them into the ground faster than any company in the history of commerce, are doing might or might not be illegal (based on the fact I don't have a law degree). It is money entrapment. Money entrapment is when a company forces people to spend more money by locking them into something as a way to double sales. I think there was a reason apple let this guy go, they knew what his business plans were like.
If I get enough interest on this complaint from others, I will lead a class action suit against their credit card policies on this, as well as their late fee charges. The credit card companies all were forced to change by the government, why should JCP get away with it?
I have only had one other issue with the "new" system. I think the late fee itself is too high and too severe. Last year I had a bill get delivered to my address a little later than usual. I had one week to pay it. I went into a JCP store the day after it was due. I was still charged $35. I manage a business where we have due dates on bills and we give up to 10 days after the due date to pay the bill without a fee. And if it is still late, then it is a $10 fee. We are nowhere near the size of JCP, however, we still have the happiest customers you could imagine for over 35 years. If you treat people decently, they will come back!
Please respond if you are interested in a class action suit.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Professional Services
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I was very disappointed with my experience yesterday (8/15/2015) night around 7:00PM in this store, JCPenney @ 20700 Avalon Blvd, Carson, CA 90746. I came in because I..."
- "I Purchased a A/C unit from the above website on 8/18/2011. The unit comes with a 2 yr warranty. All goes well for 1.5 yrs. I am very pleased with..."
- "this agency preys on seniors with alzheimer's but aren't picky and will devour anything they can,they are dishonest and have the best lawyers,side by side with the senior protective services..."
- "LAWSUIT is in progress. Quality Roofing of Florida (QRF) installed my roof on a new construction that leaks since day-1. In addition to the leaking roof, QRF presented a deceiving insurance policy..."
- "The website states over and over again both in text and images that there is a 100% money back guarantee, no risk, etc. When trying to obtain a refund, you..."
- "I bought the service and parts online. I was supposed to receive a phone call from them to set an appointment time. Instead I got a phone call at 6:..."
- "I just ordered flowers for a deceased family member this morning, I emphasized on a beautiful heart arrangement from them and spent $300 after being reassured it was going to..."
- "In Jan.29th , i should have taken an airplane from Tokyo to San Francisco with American Airlines.The staff of the airport guided me to the united airlines front desk for..."
- "I pay for a 15mg access and they always want their money regardless. For over two months now I'm lucky to get a 1.8mg access 90% of the time. Once the..."