Jcpenney - Can't use a gift card to pay for a credit card?!!
I have shopped with JCPenney for over 15 years. Before all the recent policy changes, I used to be able to use JCP gift cards to pay my credit card bill. I prefer getting merchandise with the gift cards, however, if I happened to spend too much over Christmas, it was nice to use the gift card instead to help save a little money. Being that everyone I am related to knows how much I shop at JCP, I received several JCP gift cards for Christmas. Today, I walked in to the store to use my gift card to pay the bill and I was told I could no longer do that. I called the hotline to ask someone if that was really true and after 35 minutes on the phone trying to get to a higher level person, it was confirmed. A gift card is the same thing as cash. It is not like paying a credit card bill with another credit card. I can understand why they don't allow payments with other credit cards because it is paying with money that truly isn't yours, and they have to pay extra fees to process all of that. A JCP gift card has no fees, and is the equivalent of me handing a clerk cash, and them handing back a plastic card that says "this is how much money you have given me". What JCP, and the "guru" who has dumped them into the ground faster than any company in the history of commerce, are doing might or might not be illegal (based on the fact I don't have a law degree). It is money entrapment. Money entrapment is when a company forces people to spend more money by locking them into something as a way to double sales. I think there was a reason apple let this guy go, they knew what his business plans were like.
If I get enough interest on this complaint from others, I will lead a class action suit against their credit card policies on this, as well as their late fee charges. The credit card companies all were forced to change by the government, why should JCP get away with it?
I have only had one other issue with the "new" system. I think the late fee itself is too high and too severe. Last year I had a bill get delivered to my address a little later than usual. I had one week to pay it. I went into a JCP store the day after it was due. I was still charged $35. I manage a business where we have due dates on bills and we give up to 10 days after the due date to pay the bill without a fee. And if it is still late, then it is a $10 fee. We are nowhere near the size of JCP, however, we still have the happiest customers you could imagine for over 35 years. If you treat people decently, they will come back!
Please respond if you are interested in a class action suit.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Professional Services
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "The existing HR Manager Ms L needs to be grounded or demoted for her irregular scheduling for employees... the changes in closing hours and working the days which were originally..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "Shopped at JCPenny today for the first time in over 10years and I can see exactly why I stopped shopping there. They treat vets like nothing and on top of..."
- "ADT FAILED US and many others!! ADT FAILED to dispatch fire rescue when our smoke detectors were going off. After our house was totalled, and 2 LOVING pets perished, the..."
- "My husband purchased a heart diamond in 1993 from Kay’s and we have been getting it reset occasionally. Oct. 2014 he had it reset at Jared, associate of Kay’s,..."
- "Discusgolfmuseum.com and Mike Doran are a total Scam. You can find the profane, psycho, nut job Mike Doran at theis address:Disc Golf Museum1425 Angelina BendDenton, TX 76205His Phone..."
- "I do not feel to safe using the TTC, and I'm not sure if anyone in Toronto does. The workers are suspicious and unprofessional, other transit goers are threatening, and..."
- "This is the second time I wrote about this issue. I have attached two photos about how Save A Lot store # 823 improperly handles eggs. I have three photos..."
- "I opted to use NetSpend Premier Debit Cards to receive my rax refund through TurboTax. I finally received it on April 19th, 2016. My husband was sent a primary card..."