Jcpenney - Can't use a gift card to pay for a credit card?!!
I have shopped with JCPenney for over 15 years. Before all the recent policy changes, I used to be able to use JCP gift cards to pay my credit card bill. I prefer getting merchandise with the gift cards, however, if I happened to spend too much over Christmas, it was nice to use the gift card instead to help save a little money. Being that everyone I am related to knows how much I shop at JCP, I received several JCP gift cards for Christmas. Today, I walked in to the store to use my gift card to pay the bill and I was told I could no longer do that. I called the hotline to ask someone if that was really true and after 35 minutes on the phone trying to get to a higher level person, it was confirmed. A gift card is the same thing as cash. It is not like paying a credit card bill with another credit card. I can understand why they don't allow payments with other credit cards because it is paying with money that truly isn't yours, and they have to pay extra fees to process all of that. A JCP gift card has no fees, and is the equivalent of me handing a clerk cash, and them handing back a plastic card that says "this is how much money you have given me". What JCP, and the "guru" who has dumped them into the ground faster than any company in the history of commerce, are doing might or might not be illegal (based on the fact I don't have a law degree). It is money entrapment. Money entrapment is when a company forces people to spend more money by locking them into something as a way to double sales. I think there was a reason apple let this guy go, they knew what his business plans were like.
If I get enough interest on this complaint from others, I will lead a class action suit against their credit card policies on this, as well as their late fee charges. The credit card companies all were forced to change by the government, why should JCP get away with it?
I have only had one other issue with the "new" system. I think the late fee itself is too high and too severe. Last year I had a bill get delivered to my address a little later than usual. I had one week to pay it. I went into a JCP store the day after it was due. I was still charged $35. I manage a business where we have due dates on bills and we give up to 10 days after the due date to pay the bill without a fee. And if it is still late, then it is a $10 fee. We are nowhere near the size of JCP, however, we still have the happiest customers you could imagine for over 35 years. If you treat people decently, they will come back!
Please respond if you are interested in a class action suit.review #378072
You may also like
- "We went in and found a pair of shoes and sign said on sale for $19.99 and get to register and lady says no so I didn't get my shoes..."
- "The casing on the carry-on luggage I bought my husband in Singapore cracked less than 1 year later. The Service Centre said it wasn't covered by the warranty because it could..."
- "Usually I don't write reviews, but Im very pissed of, how a company like Olivia + Joy as such a bad customer service. I purchased a purse last month and ended..."
- "We have 3 different "rooms" of furniture from Rooms To Go. The first was purchased less than 5 years ago ... and the chair is peeling so bad ......"
- "I Placed an order for 12 magpul pmags 30rd 5.56/.223 for $99.99, unbeatable price, and got my items within the week under the free shipping option. The order was placed..."
- "Culbreath Key Brokeside Condos in South Tampa have hired a goon, hit squad to dole out fines,harrass residents,make racial remarks and put their head lynch person by the name of..."
- "I ordered a dress off these people and I was totally shocked when it arrived. It was completely different to what I ordered it had lace and cotton hanging off..."
- "I am a disabled. I need help. I have direct deposit. Woodforest has Stolen my money. Someone made Electonical Inquiries, Later withdrawing my money not later after my..."
- "I requested a report for $1 and I got a few extra charges of .09 cents for optional services (x5). Then, when I received the credit card statement (paperless billing)..."