Jcpenney - Can't use a gift card to pay for a credit card?!!
I have shopped with JCPenney for over 15 years. Before all the recent policy changes, I used to be able to use JCP gift cards to pay my credit card bill. I prefer getting merchandise with the gift cards, however, if I happened to spend too much over Christmas, it was nice to use the gift card instead to help save a little money. Being that everyone I am related to knows how much I shop at JCP, I received several JCP gift cards for Christmas. Today, I walked in to the store to use my gift card to pay the bill and I was told I could no longer do that. I called the hotline to ask someone if that was really true and after 35 minutes on the phone trying to get to a higher level person, it was confirmed. A gift card is the same thing as cash. It is not like paying a credit card bill with another credit card. I can understand why they don't allow payments with other credit cards because it is paying with money that truly isn't yours, and they have to pay extra fees to process all of that. A JCP gift card has no fees, and is the equivalent of me handing a clerk cash, and them handing back a plastic card that says "this is how much money you have given me". What JCP, and the "guru" who has dumped them into the ground faster than any company in the history of commerce, are doing might or might not be illegal (based on the fact I don't have a law degree). It is money entrapment. Money entrapment is when a company forces people to spend more money by locking them into something as a way to double sales. I think there was a reason apple let this guy go, they knew what his business plans were like.
If I get enough interest on this complaint from others, I will lead a class action suit against their credit card policies on this, as well as their late fee charges. The credit card companies all were forced to change by the government, why should JCP get away with it?
I have only had one other issue with the "new" system. I think the late fee itself is too high and too severe. Last year I had a bill get delivered to my address a little later than usual. I had one week to pay it. I went into a JCP store the day after it was due. I was still charged $35. I manage a business where we have due dates on bills and we give up to 10 days after the due date to pay the bill without a fee. And if it is still late, then it is a $10 fee. We are nowhere near the size of JCP, however, we still have the happiest customers you could imagine for over 35 years. If you treat people decently, they will come back!
Please respond if you are interested in a class action suit.f1448f1 review #378072
You may also like
- "We ordered a custom JELD-WEN sliding glass door from Home Depot on 10/2012. It arrived via delivery van with a crack on the top of vinyl seam. The 2nd door..."
- "POOR PRINT QUALITY AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Don't take my word for it just read this CRAZY email thread: ---------------Original Message--------------- From: Jerry Cunningham To: 123Print Support Team - email@example.com Subject: Order Quality To Whom..."
- "My sister and I went to look at some shoes on Black Friday afternoon, there was only few customers in store, we found the shoes we wanted to try on,..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Bobopedic mattress separated from topper foam after less than 3 years. Refused to do anything. Surly dopey nasty phone clerks. Bob hires them to protect himself from warranty claims. Cheap..."
- "Signed agreement, and waited 10 months for house to be built, bad slab, bad plumbing, roofing issues, demanded corrections to issues and wanted it inspected by licensed building inspector. Meritage..."
- "Police don't have criminal solutions with teeth to combat "poor character", lawmakers assure civil suits against an individual are drawn out; Pamela K. Geldart (~50 yrs) doesn't have punitive resources..."
- "Website states the recipient will receive within minutes usually, it has been over 24 hours and still nothing they took my money immediately out of my account but still have..."
- "On March 4, 2014, we requested moving service from moving associate Mr. Ernie McNab who represents himself as a sales associate with Transworld Van Lines. We were living in Orlando..."