Jcpenney - Can't use a gift card to pay for a credit card?!!
I have shopped with JCPenney for over 15 years. Before all the recent policy changes, I used to be able to use JCP gift cards to pay my credit card bill. I prefer getting merchandise with the gift cards, however, if I happened to spend too much over Christmas, it was nice to use the gift card instead to help save a little money. Being that everyone I am related to knows how much I shop at JCP, I received several JCP gift cards for Christmas. Today, I walked in to the store to use my gift card to pay the bill and I was told I could no longer do that. I called the hotline to ask someone if that was really true and after 35 minutes on the phone trying to get to a higher level person, it was confirmed. A gift card is the same thing as cash. It is not like paying a credit card bill with another credit card. I can understand why they don't allow payments with other credit cards because it is paying with money that truly isn't yours, and they have to pay extra fees to process all of that. A JCP gift card has no fees, and is the equivalent of me handing a clerk cash, and them handing back a plastic card that says "this is how much money you have given me". What JCP, and the "guru" who has dumped them into the ground faster than any company in the history of commerce, are doing might or might not be illegal (based on the fact I don't have a law degree). It is money entrapment. Money entrapment is when a company forces people to spend more money by locking them into something as a way to double sales. I think there was a reason apple let this guy go, they knew what his business plans were like.
If I get enough interest on this complaint from others, I will lead a class action suit against their credit card policies on this, as well as their late fee charges. The credit card companies all were forced to change by the government, why should JCP get away with it?
I have only had one other issue with the "new" system. I think the late fee itself is too high and too severe. Last year I had a bill get delivered to my address a little later than usual. I had one week to pay it. I went into a JCP store the day after it was due. I was still charged $35. I manage a business where we have due dates on bills and we give up to 10 days after the due date to pay the bill without a fee. And if it is still late, then it is a $10 fee. We are nowhere near the size of JCP, however, we still have the happiest customers you could imagine for over 35 years. If you treat people decently, they will come back!
Please respond if you are interested in a class action suit.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Customer Service
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "My sister and I went to look at some shoes on Black Friday afternoon, there was only few customers in store, we found the shoes we wanted to try on,..."
- "The 4 month old Sealy mattress from MATTRESS FIRM is sagging on one side like it is 10 years old. No help with warranty. MATTRESS FIRM makes it..."
- "I went the day before and asked the young lady working the front counter was there someone who could do African American hair. She assured me there was and another..."
- "Purchased living room ensemble which included sectional sofa, end tables, entertainment wall unit, and as a bonus, a 50" plasma TV. Also purchased the "protection" plan for the..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "I bought a "leather" sofa 3 years ago. I was assured that it would last for a long time. But soon the "leather" started to peel. when I came back..."
- "October 8th, 2015. Redondo Beach, California. Arco gas station. I just finished filling up my tank and started my car. This guy rolls up in a brand new BMW X5 in..."
- "Para empezar fuimos muy ilusionados en busca de nuestra casa sin imaginar que una compañía tan grande tenía tantos ladrones y estafadores trabajando para ellos todo esto sucedió en la..."
- "I ordered a blonde wig with supposedly dark roots for my daughter's early Christmas present. They sent a blonde wig with black spray paint on the top of the head...."